| HDD GURU FORUMS http://forum.hddguru.com/ |
|
| How to find correct pinout for USB monolith http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33111 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | arvika [ March 16th, 2016, 16:14 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
Usually it is complicated task to find pinout for monoliths. It can't be explain in few words. You need at least logic analyzer, working same device and methodology how to find pinout. |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ March 16th, 2016, 17:48 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
have you tested other 6 row x 4 column pinouts to see if gnd and vcc are in the same place? |
|
| Author: | arvika [ March 16th, 2016, 18:51 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
It is not. Pad 2nd row 5th column should be D0, but it is empty. |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 17th, 2016, 0:42 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
I didn't test yet, waiting for data sheet, may be will be lucky and after that I ca test For now I can do some tests, just for vcc, will try |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 17th, 2016, 4:05 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
Just tried to test, but UFD to small, gonna create special tool for more comfortable testing and will continue tomorrow. Keep you posted, thank you for advice |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 17th, 2016, 4:17 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
D0 it means I/O0 I believe, correct me if I wong. Since I/O it (DATA INPUTS/OUTPUTS The I/O pins are used to input command, address and data, and to output data during read operations. The I/O pins float to high-z when the chip is deselected or when the outputs are disabled.) |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ March 17th, 2016, 4:24 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
too small? this is one of the easy ones! You have a microscope? D0 and I/O0 is interchangeable sometimes, yes. |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 17th, 2016, 13:05 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
HaQue wrote: too small? this is one of the easy ones! You have a microscope? D0 and I/O0 is interchangeable sometimes, yes. Yes, I have microscope. I just said about size of UFD and thought that I gonna test it directly from usb port of my laptop, but that was mistake for sure, I gonna solder it on test PCB and working from it. Trying to realize what model of Logical Analyzer should I buy for this case. |
|
| Author: | jeremyb [ March 17th, 2016, 15:49 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
hdd2fix wrote: Trying to realize what model of Logical Analyzer should I buy for this case. I would use a Lecroy MSO 104MXS-B it has the necessary bandwidth and buffer capacity to do the job properly. |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ March 17th, 2016, 17:22 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
jeremyb wrote: hdd2fix wrote: Trying to realize what model of Logical Analyzer should I buy for this case. I would use a Lecroy MSO 104MXS-B it has the necessary bandwidth and buffer capacity to do the job properly. LOL. 20 grand... |
|
| Author: | fzabkar [ March 17th, 2016, 17:54 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
Rigol produce relatively affordable gear ... and a lot of it is hackable. |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 17th, 2016, 19:21 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
fzabkar wrote: Rigol produce relatively affordable gear ... and a lot of it is hackable. Thank you for advice, Just open the amazon, but reviews not really nice for it, gonna search something else, do you have experience with some particular model? |
|
| Author: | fzabkar [ March 17th, 2016, 19:36 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
I don't have a logic analyser, but the following site has a lot of techs who use them, discuss them and hack them: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ae ... nalyser%22 |
|
| Author: | hdd2fix [ March 18th, 2016, 18:54 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: How to find correct pinout for USB monolith |
Hey Folks, now everything is clear, a specially for my. With Logic Analyzer, methods of pinout recognition we can find in docs for PC3K gonna go deeper into process on weekend |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|