| HDD GURU FORUMS http://forum.hddguru.com/ |
|
| burnt out crucial MX 100 help http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39614 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Josipe [ March 18th, 2020, 14:13 ] |
| Post subject: | burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
my psu seems to have burnt out my mobo, 3 harddrives, and my cpu. luckily my main drive seems to have survived. the mx 100 however did not and i seem to have identified the point of failure and just need some assistance in identifying the chip as well as how i might be able to repair it. im a newb when it comes to this stuff so please explain things to me in detail when ti comes to testing and repair. i saw the post of the person whos mx100 failed however he seemed to have a less obvious problem than i do. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you. pictures below Attachment: Attachment: Attachment: Attachment:
|
|
| Author: | data-medics [ March 18th, 2020, 17:23 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
I believe it's a power IC. Probably this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32532393392.html But, don't be surprised if there are other burned out components. |
|
| Author: | fzabkar [ March 18th, 2020, 17:41 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
See https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33908 There are some errors in that thread, so make sure you read it all. The visibly damaged chip is a TLV62080. Note that these PCBs are poorly protected (or not protected at all), so an overvoltage tends to do a lot of damage, most of which isn't visible. BTW, judging by the damage in your other threads, you appear to have done this: Warning: do not interchange modular PSU cables: http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2545 |
|
| Author: | fzabkar [ March 18th, 2020, 18:46 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
data-medics wrote: I believe it's a power IC. Probably this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32532393392.html That doesn't look right. "JAGR" is a TI "5-V, 1:1 (SPST), 2-channel general-purpose analog switch", p/n TS5A2066DCUR. |
|
| Author: | Josipe [ March 18th, 2020, 18:53 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
i believe the unit that is visibly burnt is an rau unit. not totally sure on that though. was hoping for some confirmation. thank u guys for responding i appreciate it |
|
| Author: | data-medics [ March 19th, 2020, 11:40 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
fzabkar wrote: data-medics wrote: I believe it's a power IC. Probably this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32532393392.html That doesn't look right. "JAGR" is a TI "5-V, 1:1 (SPST), 2-channel general-purpose analog switch", p/n TS5A2066DCUR. I was looking at the item listing title which said it was RAU marked (which is what I searched for). I see that the picture is different, I never actually looked at the photo on the aliexpress listing. Looks like the component can be obtained directly from Texas Instruments here: http://www.ti.com/product/TLV62080/samp ... #samplebuy |
|
| Author: | Josipe [ March 19th, 2020, 20:37 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
Quote: I was looking at the item listing title which said it was RAU marked (which is what I searched for). I see that the picture is different, I never actually looked at the photo on the aliexpress listing. Looks like the component can be obtained directly from Texas Instruments here: http://www.ti.com/product/TLV62080/samp ... #samplebuy i would be lucky if that is the only thing fried. do u think this can be done with a soldering iron and solder paste? or do i have to use a hot air gun? |
|
| Author: | Josipe [ March 19th, 2020, 20:49 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
data-medics wrote: fzabkar wrote: data-medics wrote: I believe it's a power IC. Probably this one: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32532393392.html">https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32532393392.html</a><!-- m --> That doesn't look right. "JAGR" is a TI "5-V, 1:1 (SPST), 2-channel general-purpose analog switch", p/n TS5A2066DCUR. I was looking at the item listing title which said it was RAU marked (which is what I searched for). I see that the picture is different, I never actually looked at the photo on the aliexpress listing. Looks like the component can be obtained directly from Texas Instruments here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ti.com/product/TLV62080/samplebuy?CMP=conv-poasamples#samplebuy">http://www.ti.com/product/TLV62080/samp ... #samplebuy</a><!-- m --> |
|
| Author: | Josipe [ March 22nd, 2020, 23:28 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: burnt out crucial MX 100 help |
what is the difference between the TLV62080DSGR and the TLV62080DSGT? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|