Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

SAMSUNG Evo Plus 32GB SDHC card corrupted (details included)

May 31st, 2021, 11:37

I have a Samsung Evo Plus 32GB SDHC card, and I used to use it on my Android phone. But while copying a video file, it probably got corrupted, as now the Android phone no longer can format the SD card back for use, whenever I insert it, it tries the format and returns a "command 19 volume partition disk" error. CHKDSK in Windows revealed the video file that is corrupted, saying that "xxx file contains a nonvalid link", but /f of CHKDSK cannot fix it and just saying "33 percent completed..." and aborts.

I have tried deleting the files, formatting it in Windows, both through the context menu format options as well as through the windows disk partition manager. I have tried wiping partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant, tried both Filling in with 0s and DoD 5220.22-M (1 pass only), both show format done but after refreshing it just goes back to the same state of 12.95GB/29GB filled. None of the files can be deleted (even other files except that vid file containing non valid link). I've tried deleting the files in linux but says that I do not have enough privileges for the action.

I've tried SD Memory Formatter too, no avail. Any advice? I was looking at MHDD but I cannot figure out how to create a bootable USB off of it, either MHDD or Magic boot disk, I tried using RMPrepUSBver but that didnt work, the USB seems not bootable. Any advice on how I can salvage the card? I dont need the data off of it, just need the card to be usable.

Re: SAMSUNG Evo Plus 32GB SDHC card corrupted (details inclu

June 1st, 2021, 10:32

Reading all that I suppose you're not interested in the data. So then bin card and get a new one.

June 1st, 2021, 11:03

Arch Stanton wrote:Reading all that I suppose you're not interested in the data. So then bin card and get a new one.

I mean sure thats an option, but I wanted to see what else I could try to get the card up and running to atleast get it usable.

June 1st, 2021, 11:22

It may be usable under a wobbly table.

June 1st, 2021, 11:42

Arch Stanton wrote:It may be usable under a wobbly table.

Mighty helpful

June 1st, 2021, 12:29

What you're trying to accomplish is 'repair' a $10 device that has proven to be unreliable. NAND memory that behaves this way is can not be repaired AFAIK.
Post a reply