All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rusolut vs AceLabs
PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 1:59 

When Covid started in March 2020, I got several chip off cases as employee where using USB key to copy files to work from home... then kids, cats.. get involved and keys with important files where broken. For the chip-off cases, I had nothing. I decided to go for VNR.

I've been using it for 18 month now. Of course, it's not easy to use it but it's getting better with new updates. I have to say Rusolut support is really, really good. They are always here to help and they don't count time. When I am blocked at some point, they always ask to remote and finish case with me.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 4:45 

Igor_Loskutov wrote:
fzabkar wrote:

As a part of Rusolut team, I wanted to write a reply to this review long time. And finally, there is a good moment. It's quite a long story and we wouldn't develop such conversation publicly, but it goes quite wide, so we have to do that now.
First of all, I want to thank Mr. Palmer for the part where he evaluated the VNR tool. Taking into account his general attitude, his words about our product itself are really valuable and tell something... BTW now it's much more powerful and automated :)

Then, I would share how the story looks like from our side.

And the last thing, this case is still open and we are still willing to close it with a positive result for everybody.

Thanks, Igor for the post. I also hope you and Jared can come to a positive resolution.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 4:46 

suricate.ch wrote:
When Covid started in March 2020, I got several chip off cases as employee where using USB key to copy files to work from home... then kids, cats.. get involved and keys with important files where broken. For the chip-off cases, I had nothing. I decided to go for VNR.

I've been using it for 18 month now. Of course, it's not easy to use it but it's getting better with new updates. I have to say Rusolut support is really, really good. They are always here to help and they don't count time. When I am blocked at some point, they always ask to remote and finish case with me.

Thanks Suricate.ch for for letting me know of your experience.

Cheers

Louis

PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 9:38 

Quote:
Igor: It is up to everyone to choose and decide, but keep in mind, we do not exchange damaged readers with an expired warranty for free.

Not for free: that's just fine. But I still think eur 800 is way too much for replacing a reader device for somebody paying the license fee, even if it is assembled in the EU. Dunno how many readers need replacement but i guess it is not a significant number, so this should be done at a minimal cost, if not 100, then 200 eurs. Perhaps there's not a significant margin but it would make a lot better optics. Users pay for the license annually, so you get paid anyway...

pepe

PostPosted: August 17th, 2021, 10:37 

Quote:
Igor: It is up to everyone to choose and decide, but keep in mind, we do not exchange damaged readers with an expired warranty for free.

I think we need to recognise that Rusolut allow you to resell the things you own :roll:

As for Datamedics's specific case - without getting into the contractual side of things.

If ongoing support was paid for and a hardware warranty is part of that support does it really matter if the unit failed between renewal periods - Eg If he'd left it a year and then renewed, waited a month and then reported the unit as dead would the warranty have been honoured or does support need to be continuous for a warranty to be valid?

Having said that - if the unit was physically damaged from a drop, in transit or similar then the warranty, support contract or not I assume would be void. Seems to me the cause of the unit failure needs to be clearly identified and evidenced. I assume that Rusolut could do that relatively simply - just as we can when a drive has been dropped.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2021, 3:48 

Igor_Loskutov wrote:
fzabkar wrote:

As a part of Rusolut team, I wanted to write a reply to this review long time. And finally, there is a good moment. It's quite a long story and we wouldn't develop such conversation publicly, but it goes quite wide, so we have to do that now.
First of all, I want to thank Mr. Palmer for the part where he evaluated the VNR tool. Taking into account his general attitude, his words about our product itself are really valuable and tell something... BTW now it's much more powerful and automated :)

Then, I would share how the story looks like from our side.

The first activation was made on September 19, 2016. Then Mr' Palmer wrote that on June 27, 2017, the reader got broken. And this is not true...

On June 27, 2017, the license got deactivated. It may happen due to many reasons (such as new HW in a PC and so on), but the main thing here is that Mr. Palmer requested a new activation (we can see that on his screenshot) and it is NOT possible to request the new activation with the broken reader. Request file will not be generated if the reader is not recognized by a computer. We can see that on the other screenshot where the reader is broken really, the "Create request file" button is not active. Anyways, that day Mr. Palmer got the activation and disappeared until November 7, 2017. On that day he wrote that he wants to prolong the support and that his reader IS NOT recognized by a computer. And the most important, that "It worked fine about a month ago when I last used it."
The support ended on August 30, 2017.

Doesn't it look at this point, that Mr. Palmer refused the support renewal when the reader was good somewhere in September/October, but when it got broken at the start of November he requested the support update for the warranty only?
I'm not saying that it's true for 100%, but it may look like this from our side for sure.

Ok, we asked to send the reader to us for testing, we couldn't get it from the custom, but I'm sure we did everything possible from our side to do it. Unfortunately, the reader went back, then finally we got it in our lab and found physical damage that may be the reason of the failure. Again, I'm not saying that this is only true, but we see what we see. A client asks to renew the support (that includes the warranty) for a device with physical damage when the warranty is over. And then quite aggressively insists that the reader should be exchanged because we must honor the warranty.

What we did in this situation. We prolonged the support period on a half of year which was bought in November 2017 due to that delay on the custom (that was not our fault at all). We offered repairing or replacement.
Then we invited Mr. Palmer three times to come for the Start-Up training for free to restart our relations and close the reader question for good. No answer...

As for the price of a new reader, we can understand it looks high, for some probably even ridiculously high to accept, since we live in an era when you can buy a very good smartphone for 200EUR (while some smartphones cost 5x times of that and few people complain).

We are a small company (but strong and unique in many ways). Our readers are produced on a very small scale. We do not produce thousands of units at a time. Those who know the art would understand that when it comes to PCB manufacturing, for instance, prices may go down 10x times when the order is large. This means for us, they are way higher than you may expect. Want 6 layers instead of 2 for proper signaling design? Well, quadruple the cost. Want gold immersion for better signal transmission? Add some cash on top of that. The same goes for the component purchase, assembly, testing, enclosure manufacturing, etc, etc. Funny fact, those little silicon bumpers you see on the bottom of the reader, we import them from the USA (not sold in EU) simply because they are top quality and most adhesive we found on the market. They are not very cheap. We use a ZIF socket that is gold-plated and priced ~30$. Is that cheap? Well, we might have installed the tin-plated one, twice cheaper and worse quality for signal transmission. There's a "golden rule" in electronics manufacturing - go for gold if you seek for the top-tier signal transmission.

These days, most electronics is made in China. It may sound a bit old school for some, but the VNR Reader is fully manufactured in Poland which is a part of the European Union, with its perks and taxes.
We can probably make it a bit cheaper by moving manufacturing completely to China. There's nothing wrong with that, we do cooperate with several Chinese manufacturers for socket productions and the quality is good.
But, we prefer to keep full control over the manufacturing process of the reader and so far quality was flawless.

It is up to everyone to choose and decide, but keep in mind, we do not exchange damaged readers with an expired warranty for free. On the other hand, if your reader is under warranty, we will go an extra mile to fix/replace it quickly. We had several cases when our users accidentally broke the USB connector on the reader, we fixed it free of charge.

And the last thing, this case is still open and we are still willing to close it with a positive result for everybody.

Well,
Ask me i have a adapter issue dated i think 2017 or something and that thing was defective ,I am getting a replacement because

1 : i do not fight with my team that is rusolut
2 : we both have tried multiple time to sort the issue

PS : i am happy to know that you posted igor sir i was the one who pointed this out to sales staff few days ago ..

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com