All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awesome performance by hddsuperclone
PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 8:22 

Hddsuperclone deserves 6 stars. Its been maturing day by day. I am sure It will emerge the only best tool in entire planet.
I got a Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD , it was in failing state with large surface defects. Any cloning tool would have stuck up at early 207300 sectors only.
I was successful to clone this SSD most efficiently with minimal damage.
I used Asus Rog USB adapter and an active cooler fans. SSD was not heated at all. Hddsuperclone took drivers all by itself.
It took 13 hours to complete cloning of 256 Gb SSD. After cloning Bitlocker partition has started apperaing on cloned disk.
I have got bitlocker key from customer but I will ty it later.
I am wondering if a free tool can perform so much wonderfully then how full fledge paid version will be .
There is so much potential to develop a super all media duplicator device by embeding OS in this box.
here is video of the process
https://youtu.be/hCXdxrVhBHo

Attachments:
IMG_20210928_054036.jpg
IMG_20210928_054036.jpg [ 2.2 MiB | Viewed 11336 times ]

Post subject: Re: Awesome performance by hddsuperclone
PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 9:14 

terminator2 wrote:
There is so much potential to develop a super all media duplicator device by embeding OS in this box.

I was trying hard to convince him to do this using a single-board computer, even offered to partner with him to handle the hardware assembly, etc. But, he's not for it.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 10:20 

Cool. And without power relay or YKush?

Quote:
Any cloning tool would have stuck up at early 207300 sectors only.

Which ones were tried? I am sure I am not only one curious about this.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 10:51 

Does the raspberry Pi support native sata yet?

PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 11:23 

https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2021/ ... port-built

PostPosted: September 28th, 2021, 16:31 

I´m curious too.

Arch Stanton wrote:

Quote:

PostPosted: September 30th, 2021, 2:58 

Arch Stanton wrote:

Quote:

Hi Arch
Sorry for the delayed reply as I was out of town.

I used Asus Rog enclosure with active cooling. I don't know which chipset it uses . I did not used any power cycling as I don't have the same.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2021, 2:59 

data-medics wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

I was trying hard to convince him to do this using a single-board computer, even offered to partner with him to handle the hardware assembly, etc. But, he's not for it.

Yes hugh business potential.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2021, 3:07 

terminator2 wrote:
data-medics wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

Yes hugh business potential.

But totally different bal game if you have to concern yourself with hardware, warranties, shipping etc.. I can see how a software guy would not want all the hassle. OTH if you see so much potential, you make a deal with regards to licensing the software, and you develop and sell the hardware with integrated software.

I know so many people who see 'golden business opportunities' all the time, point them out to people ("If I were you") but themselves do shit.

I have been making and selling software for years. I once had to opportunity to make huge profits on these 'reboot' recovery type cards you saw over a decade or so ago (format drive > reboot > get into reboot card menu > restore > voila, everything was back!). Really good margin so at first I thought, oh yeah baby! It was like $5 to buy, and retail for competing cards was easily $80 - $120.

But these were bare cards, the hardware. So then started looking into packaging, printing documentation in different languages, shipping, marketing and whatnot, until I realized myself that this was so totally different from just selling software. And that it was not something I wanted to be doing.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on September 30th, 2021, 3:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2021, 3:09 

terminator2 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Quote:

Hi Arch

I used Asus Rog enclosure with active cooling. I don't know which chipset it uses . I did not used any power cycling as I don't have the same.

You mention other copiers/cloners too.

"Any cloning tool would have stuck up at early 207300 sectors only"

Which ones did you try?

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 7:23 

I had same experience with a CFast 2.0 512GB card over USB adapter. Came from a video producer, one file (200GB) was impossible to copy. Tried to clone with DE, failed, always at same point (I'll try to contact ACE to see if there is a settings I could change). I did it with HDDSuperClone, worked without any issue.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 7:42 

Arch Stanton wrote:
terminator2 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Quote:

Hi Arch

You mention other copiers/cloners too.

"Any cloning tool would have stuck up at early 207300 sectors only"

Which ones did you try?

Initially when it came I was not aware of bad sector issue so tried in DE and other softwares like R-studio .

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 7:44 

suricate.ch wrote:
I had same experience with a CFast 2.0 512GB card over USB adapter. Came from a video producer, one file (200GB) was impossible to copy. Tried to clone with DE, failed, always at same point (I'll try to contact ACE to see if there is a settings I could change). I did it with HDDSuperClone, worked without any issue.

I have found capabilities of hddsuperclone much better than any tool including acelab.
I have emailed all data to maximus for his reference but I think he is on long vacation , did not got any reply . He might be able to give fine tuning seetings which improve performance

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 19:13 

Quote:
I am wondering if a free tool can perform so much wonderfully then how full fledge paid version will be .
Apparently I made the free version too good :roll:

Quote:
Quote:
But totally different bal game if you have to concern yourself with hardware, warranties, shipping etc.. I can see how a software guy would not want all the hassle. OTH if you see so much potential, you make a deal with regards to licensing the software, and you develop and sell the hardware with integrated software.

I know so many people who see 'golden business opportunities' all the time, point them out to people ("If I were you") but themselves do shit.
I wish HDDSuperClone was a golden business opportunity. I had high hopes early on, but reality brought me down to reality. Unless someone wants to just give me a couple hundred thousand dollars so I can quit my job and only focus on the program for a few years, without fearing going bankrupt and loosing my house, then it will never be a golden opportunity. It is what it is. @Arch Stanton seems to understand more than others.

With that being said, even if it isn't a golden opportunity, it does at least make me some pocket change, a bit of a supplemental income. And by making the software work on (almost) all pc hardware, I don't have to worry about selling and supporting the hardware.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2021, 3:21 

maximus wrote:
Probably :roll: from a financial stand point it would probably have been more profitable to limit the copying capacity and charge less for a paid version to lift it but hindsight is always 20/20. IMHO we're drifting towards solid state anyway so traditional cloning techniques have a limited life span.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2021, 4:33 

maximus wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I wish HDDSuperClone was a golden business opportunity. I had high hopes early on, but reality brought me down to reality. Unless someone wants to just give me a couple hundred thousand dollars so I can quit my job and only focus on the program for a few years, without fearing going bankrupt and loosing my house, then it will never be a golden opportunity. It is what it is. @Arch Stanton seems to understand more than others.

With that being said, even if it isn't a golden opportunity, it does at least make me some pocket change, a bit of a supplemental income. And by making the software work on (almost) all pc hardware, I don't have to worry about selling and supporting the hardware.

Yes developing new product is herculean task , it needs 2 M's - Money and Man power. Lots of capex investment first and sutaining at least one year without income.
I suggest focus on specific SSD's and add some unique feature in coming version. This version will be paid ,anyone including end customers will easily pay $ 49 with 1 year subscription , even if 100 copies are sold in a month $ 4900 will get recovered. One time version will cost only $29 etc. Similar pricing might cater to different clients adding revenue.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2021, 3:02 

A bundle with Sediv would be intersting. Sediv to fix HDD and HDDSuper to clone, that would be a nice package.