Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

Pinout for glued chip from USB

January 12th, 2022, 10:39

Hi
Any thoughts on pinout for this weird chip that was on a USB-stick? It was soldered to the PCB - Both controller and flash chip are glued.

Best regards
Michael
Attachments
PAD_20220112_133936.jpg
PAD_20220112_133923.jpg

Re: Pinout for glued chip from USB

January 12th, 2022, 12:38

Never seen that "blop" here Michael :|

January 12th, 2022, 13:09

I see it many times. Probably is same as before. You can measure signals from controller side. Do not touch the blob.

January 12th, 2022, 15:22

arvika, yes hooking up on controller side would be the way to go, but controller is also a blob.

January 12th, 2022, 16:08

digisupport wrote:arvika, yes hooking up on controller side would be the way to go, but controller is also a blob.

Hehehe. Life is brutal ;) Cases with such nand blob came to lab time to time. I think all cases will have same pinout.

January 12th, 2022, 16:29

It should be relatively easy to locate the supply and ground pins (by looking for bypass capacitors, and testing for continuity with USB ground). That should then make it reasonably safe to experiment with the data and control pins. I would expect that the data pins would be grouped together.

January 16th, 2022, 21:19

does the PCB have any tsop48 pads on it as well? can you send photo of both sides of pcb?

supply and ground on these are usually the middle on both sides.
Post a reply