Switch to full style
CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

unrecognized sdcard

August 9th, 2022, 11:47

hello, I have an sdcard that had been sitting in a dead Android phone for a while , and I want to see if there is any chance of getting any data back from it. The data is not too important , so I am more interested in learning, but it would be nice if can get it back.
The card is completely unrecognized by Windows 10 or android. I plug it in and nothing happens.
I plugged into an sdcard reader hooked up to an Arduino and got some results using one of the examples provided by the Arduino IDE , called SdInfo , I tried to format the card using another example but I kept getting errors.
I have attached pictures of the front and back of the card and the resluts I got with the Arduino.
thanks
Attachments
broken.PNG
results from the Arduino
back.jpg
back of the card
front.jpg
front of the card

Re: unrecognized sdcard

August 10th, 2022, 5:22

SD_CARD_ERROR_CMD6 = 0X4

I think this has nothing to do with the issue.

If card is correctly detected in disk management I'd first try imaging/cloning it using for example ddrescue, hddsuperclone. If it's not detected in disk management or it is though with incorrect capacity then I think there's not a lot you can do unless you have pc3000 flash, FE or similar.

Re: unrecognized sdcard

August 19th, 2022, 12:51

well , I thought I would try my luck with it but I guess it I am just going to forget about it since the data is not really worth it.
thanks for they reply :)
Post a reply