PC3000 Flash beginner questions
Posted: August 19th, 2022, 17:04
Hello,
I have got my PC3000 Flash and I am trying arround.
I have collected a few old SD-cards and pendrives with 1-4GB of space to train on. So far I see that the high-level process is like that:
1. Dump
2. ECC corrections / re-reading
3. Refuild FS structure
I am at the moment stuck on the rebuilding process of my first try. I have a dump and when I run the RAW recovery I am able to find the files I have pu on the pendrive.
I was thinking data would be scrambled (XOR, bit inverting, ...) but as far as it looks this one is not. When I started to work with the transformation graph I added a bitwise inversion and I was expecting that now I will not be able to find anything but I still found the same damaged and fragmented files.
Then I tryed to delete the search results and I rerun the RAW recovery but I still get the same files.
I just don't get it... The transformation graph should by the 3rd step but no mather what I add the RAW scan results do not change. Maybe one of you can solve that mystery... Is there any apply-button I overlook or is there a way to generate from the transformation graph a "virtual block device"?
I don't really understand how it is supposed to work and why adding data preparation steps seem to do nothing...
I use version 8.0 and I have generated another project and read the dump again, i have restarted the software, etc. Nothing has changed that.
I have got my PC3000 Flash and I am trying arround.
I have collected a few old SD-cards and pendrives with 1-4GB of space to train on. So far I see that the high-level process is like that:
1. Dump
2. ECC corrections / re-reading
3. Refuild FS structure
I am at the moment stuck on the rebuilding process of my first try. I have a dump and when I run the RAW recovery I am able to find the files I have pu on the pendrive.
I was thinking data would be scrambled (XOR, bit inverting, ...) but as far as it looks this one is not. When I started to work with the transformation graph I added a bitwise inversion and I was expecting that now I will not be able to find anything but I still found the same damaged and fragmented files.
Then I tryed to delete the search results and I rerun the RAW recovery but I still get the same files.
I just don't get it... The transformation graph should by the 3rd step but no mather what I add the RAW scan results do not change. Maybe one of you can solve that mystery... Is there any apply-button I overlook or is there a way to generate from the transformation graph a "virtual block device"?
I don't really understand how it is supposed to work and why adding data preparation steps seem to do nothing...
I use version 8.0 and I have generated another project and read the dump again, i have restarted the software, etc. Nothing has changed that.