Patriot Transporter Lite 2TB - Power Cycles=Unsafe Shutdowns
Posted: May 10th, 2025, 13:14
Hello.
I have a new external SSD Patriot Transporter Lite 2TB. When I first connected it to my laptop, in CrystalDiskInfo I noticed that Power Cycles value was 4 and Unsafe Shutdowns value was also 4. I figured that it was probably after the product have been tested in the factory.
A little bit later both of these values have risen to 9. Each time I properly closed the Windows 10 OS. There were no pending or ongoing operations regarding this SSD. There were no power failures. I did everything correctly. I'm a bit concerned though. These two values seem to increase after each shutdown. I'm worried that I'm shortening the lifespan of the drive. What if I need to use the warranty for another unrelated reason and the company will blame it on me and on Unsafe Shutdown SMART parameter.
Any thoughts?
I have a new external SSD Patriot Transporter Lite 2TB. When I first connected it to my laptop, in CrystalDiskInfo I noticed that Power Cycles value was 4 and Unsafe Shutdowns value was also 4. I figured that it was probably after the product have been tested in the factory.
A little bit later both of these values have risen to 9. Each time I properly closed the Windows 10 OS. There were no pending or ongoing operations regarding this SSD. There were no power failures. I did everything correctly. I'm a bit concerned though. These two values seem to increase after each shutdown. I'm worried that I'm shortening the lifespan of the drive. What if I need to use the warranty for another unrelated reason and the company will blame it on me and on Unsafe Shutdown SMART parameter.
Any thoughts?