HDD GURU FORUMS
http://forum.hddguru.com/

Looking for unlock firmware or BIOS dump for WD PCB 2060-810
http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45526
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Persona [ August 3rd, 2025, 13:57 ]
Post subject:  Looking for unlock firmware or BIOS dump for WD PCB 2060-810

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Western Digital hard drive with PCB model 2060-810035-000. Unfortunately, the original BIOS chip is damaged, so I cannot read its firmware.

I have a new identical PCB and a blank BIOS chip Winbond 25Q40, but I cannot find a generic or unlock firmware to flash so the drive can work. I am not trying to recover data, just want to get the drive to start and function.

Does anyone have a .bin dump or unlock firmware compatible with this PCB model and chip? Or any advice on how to make the drive work in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Author:  fzabkar [ August 3rd, 2025, 15:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for unlock firmware or BIOS dump for WD PCB 2060

Every ROM ("BIOS") is unique.

"Adaptives" -- why PCB swaps don't work in modern HDDs:
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?p=19090#p19090

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/