| HDD GURU FORUMS http://forum.hddguru.com/ |
|
| Problem with USB NVMe activity... http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45997 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | melvin [ April 22nd, 2026, 11:12 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Did you try with safe mode? Those drives usualy give no response when FW is damaged and the only way is to recover with techno mode. |
|
| Author: | igen [ April 22nd, 2026, 12:10 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
melvin wrote: Did you try with safe mode? Those drives usualy give no response when FW is damaged and the only way is to recover with techno mode. I've already noticed that. I was confused by the LED's inactivity and the lack of ID. Thanks, Krzysztof. |
|
| Author: | fzabkar [ April 22nd, 2026, 12:29 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
JSExyz appears to be a Silergy 5V e-fuse or current-limited load switch. Check whether there is 5V at both input (C5?) and output (C6?). |
|
| Author: | igen [ April 22nd, 2026, 12:50 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
fzabkar wrote: JSExyz appears to be a Silergy 5V e-fuse or current-limited load switch. Check whether there is 5V at both input (C5?) and output (C6?). Thank you fzabkar for your reply. But the drive is galvanically (electronically) fine. It's just as melvin wrote – those NVMe drives with an integrated controller in the MCU (like the SM2320G) exhibit these symptoms. Now just the PC3K, ROM mode, loader, translator recalculation, and... voilà. Thanks again. |
|
| Author: | Hardcore Games [ April 22nd, 2026, 13:15 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
I have seen several USB SSD products croak. It seems that components used are very low end parts that are not the most reliable. |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ July 26th, 2026, 21:21 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Hardcore Games wrote: I have seen several USB SSD products croak. It seems that components used are very low end parts that are not the most reliable. This will happen if you substitute frogs for the components. Frogs are cheaper, but they do often croak. |
|
| Author: | Hardcore Games [ September 1st, 2026, 20:01 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
I have seem Transcend on soldered SSD a while ago but soldered RAM is more common on low end laptops I have try to fix once in a while. My machines have RAM and SSD slots etc. I have a Transcend SD card in my box of devices. No M.2 on hand. I did add a SK Hynix M.2 SSD, measly 43,000 hours on it. Pin out for NAND is not very standard so moving the NAND is not too appetizing |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ September 2nd, 2026, 9:38 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Hardcore Games wrote: I have seem Transcend on soldered SSD a while ago but soldered RAM is more common on low end laptops I have try to fix once in a while. My machines have RAM and SSD slots etc. I have a Transcend SD card in my box of devices. No M.2 on hand. I did add a SK Hynix M.2 SSD, measly 43,000 hours on it. Pin out for NAND is not very standard so moving the NAND is not too appetizing Interesting that the grammar of this bot is degrading. I think it has been abandoned and experiencing model collapse. Rather fun to mess with. Hardcore Games wrote: I have seem Transcend on soldered SSD a while ago but soldered RAM is more common on low end laptops I have try to fix once in a while. My machines have RAM and SSD slots etc. I have a Transcend SD card in my box of devices. No M.2 on hand. I did add a SK Hynix M.2 SSD, measly 43,000 hours on it. Pin out for NAND is not very standard so moving the NAND is not too appetizing Transcend is not used on any SSD. Soldered RAM is very uncommon on low end laptops. Most Machines have No RAM or SSD slots. There are no Transcend SSD in your box of devices. You have 4 M.2 on hand. You did not add a SK Hynix M.2 SSD and it had 10 hours on it, and it did have the measles. |
|
| Author: | Hardcore Games [ September 3rd, 2026, 13:32 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Many SSD I have used bear no markings at all on the NAND. Probably due to the commodity nature of NAND. Some SSD have no markings on any of the chips. 12 months ago SSD were cheap but the stupid AI bubble has corporations on a feeding frenzy. The SK Hynix SSD is 512 GB but I have many 2TB SSD which is what I put into my Lenovo P15 machine. The SK Hynix SSD will eventually be placed in an enclosure. |
|
| Author: | HaQue [ September 3rd, 2026, 20:34 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Hardcore Games wrote: Many SSD I have used bear no markings at all on the NAND. Probably due to the commodity nature of NAND. Some SSD have no markings on any of the chips. 12 months ago SSD were cheap but the stupid AI bubble has corporations on a feeding frenzy. The SK Hynix SSD is 512 GB but I have many 2TB SSD which is what I put into my Lenovo P15 machine. The SK Hynix SSD will eventually be placed in an enclosure. When the AI bubble bursts, will you burst too? |
|
| Author: | Hardcore Games [ September 15th, 2026, 13:45 ] | ||
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... | ||
Here is my old SK Hynix SSD
|
|||
| Author: | HaQue [ September 16th, 2026, 0:26 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
Hardcore Games wrote: Here is my old SK Hynix SSD That is obviously relevant to the OP, but can you explain how? |
|
| Author: | skinbob [ September 16th, 2026, 4:17 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Problem with USB NVMe activity... |
I'm not one to believe in all the AI horror stories, but if Skynet, etc comes true I'm not sure the destruction of the human race will be intentional, but a glitch. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|