HDD GURU FORUMS
http://forum.hddguru.com/

Samsung T9 1TB
http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46315
Page 1 of 1

Author:  grtcm [ September 28th, 2026, 22:26 ]
Post subject:  Samsung T9 1TB

Hi, I’m just a regular user and don’t have professional data recovery or electronics experience.
I have a Samsung T9 1TB (MU-PG1T0B) with password protection enabled. It was working normally before, but now it no longer unlocks properly.
The original Samsung Portable SSD Software can distinguish between correct and incorrect passwords. Wrong passwords show an error, while the correct password is accepted.
However, after entering the correct password, the main data partition never appears. Windows shows the drive as Offline, and after turn it back online, still only the small ~73 MB Samsung security partition remains visible.
I tested it on two different Windows PCs, including Windows 10 and Windows 11, with the same result. I also tried a Mac.
I have not formatted, reset, erased, or repartitioned the drive.
Has anyone seen this kind of T7/T9 unlock failure before? Is there any non-destructive way to recover access to the encrypted data?
Thanks.

Author:  fzabkar [ September 29th, 2026, 3:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: Samsung T9 1TB

Can you retrieve a SMART report?

https://ww.reddit.com/r/datarecoverysoftware/wiki/index/smart/

Can you show us the Partitions tab in DMDE?

https://dmde.com/

https://a.thumbs.redditmedia.com/0bAn_IqmReie5J6k4DoiveQupV9ykqmbhKfX3QoErS8.png

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/