Switch to full style
Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

Full FW using PC3K SAS

February 3rd, 2020, 9:13

Hi Guys,

I bought a PC-3000 SAS recently and new to it.

Would you please guide me how to make a full FW copy of a HDD and upload it on another one?

Assuming that both HDDs are exactly the same Seagate SAS.

Re: Full FW using PC3K SAS

February 3rd, 2020, 15:15

I think you don't know exactly what you want to do....
What's your idea?

February 4th, 2020, 3:48

pclab wrote:I think you don't know exactly what you want to do....
What's your idea?

Let me explain, then that might help

I have 2 identical new Seagate HDDs and as I said before, I'm new to PC-3000 SAS. I have started training and working with different options. I do not know what exactly I did with FW of a HDD which has got faced errors and malfunction.

Then I've tried to get a full FW copy from the healthy HDD and upload it to the one which I explained above. but no success. Maybe because I am new to PC-3000, I am doing the process wrong.

I really appreciate teaching me how to solve this case.

Thanks

February 4th, 2020, 5:43

_root wrote:
pclab wrote:I think you don't know exactly what you want to do....
What's your idea?

Let me explain, then that might help

I have 2 identical new Seagate HDDs and as I said before, I'm new to PC-3000 SAS. I have started training and working with different options. I do not know what exactly I did with FW of a HDD which has got faced errors and malfunction.

Then I've tried to get a full FW copy from the healthy HDD and upload it to the one which I explained above. but no success. Maybe because I am new to PC-3000, I am doing the process wrong.

I really appreciate teaching me how to solve this case.

Thanks

Are you writing FW from healthy drive to the Problem/defected drive? and expecting it to work?

February 4th, 2020, 6:01

Are you writing FW from healthy drive to the Problem/defected drive? and expecting it to work?[/quote]

Yes,
As I messed up with the FW, so, I am trying to replace it with the FW of the healthy one.
Hope it works.

February 4th, 2020, 6:46

@_root

This is not how it works with hard drives. Many modules are unique and cant just be replaced.
Its not like flashing a mobile phone, its more complicated.

February 4th, 2020, 9:54

digisupport wrote:@_root

This is not how it works with hard drives. Many modules are unique and cant just be replaced.
Its not like flashing a mobile phone, its more complicated.

Would you plz let me know how to do it?!

Any help is so appreciated

February 5th, 2020, 4:44

If you check the firmware modules, the PC3K utility will tell you if that module is unique or not, or if you can use that module from a donor.
You should inspect that better.
Post a reply