Switch to full style
Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

Hitachi pcb changed

June 1st, 2022, 9:16

I receive a hitachi hdd the model is HTS545050A7E362 and the pcb is changed, with the pc3k i read the rom serial number and is not the same serial number as the label, I don't have much experience with this brand, the client already went to 2 mac technical services and in the last place they changed the disk from the laptop, I even believe the technical service give my client a brick. And I don't believe the client can recover the original pcb.

I want to know if it is possible to rebuild the rom from the firmware like in WD? or do some sort of hot swap? I I know the last method is not very possible. When I search in the blog all similar questions the answer is no, I only ask if there exist some exception.

Thanks to all to read my post
My best regards

Re: Hitachi pcb changed

June 1st, 2022, 13:04

jtb1982 wrote:I receive a hitachi hdd the model is HTS545050A7E362 and the pcb is changed, with the pc3k i read the rom serial number and is not the same serial number as the label, I don't have much experience with this brand, the client already went to 2 mac technical services and in the last place they changed the disk from the laptop, I even believe the technical service give my client a brick. And I don't believe the client can recover the original pcb.

I want to know if it is possible to rebuild the rom from the firmware like in WD? or do some sort of hot swap? I I know the last method is not very possible. When I search in the blog all similar questions the answer is no, I only ask if there exist some exception.

Thanks to all to read my post
My best regards

Hello ,
Please Share The ROM and Top Label of The HDD

Re: Hitachi pcb changed

June 2nd, 2022, 18:10

SN is byte swapped, take it into account.
If it still doesn't match, you either have to have the client to get orig pcb or i can help with recovering the nvram and the data from the drive.

pepe
Post a reply