Switch to full style
Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

Help]How do I load the translator to ram for spyglass drive?

January 23rd, 2023, 17:55

Hi all

Long time since I had to do this procedure so I lost the right steps. Please help me :)
I got WD40NMZW-11GX6S1-01.01A01 drive with bad pcb. After converting the USB to SATA and blocked module 02 access I got full SA access but no user data access.
How do I load or initilize the drive by loading the translator to RAM to get full drive ID?

I attending to this approche because the solution for slow responding drive may damage the original translator so I want to load the translator to ram and use the solve responding solution for the ram only.

I hope I succeed to explain myself.

How do I load the translator to ram for spyglass drive?

Best Regards,

Re: Help]How do I load the translator to ram for spyglass dr

January 23rd, 2023, 19:02

write it to ram.... but i doubt that would work after starting it with 02 blocked...

January 23rd, 2023, 19:48

pepe wrote:write it to ram.... but i doubt that would work after starting it with 02 blocked...

I solved the case,

Thank you pepe for your respond :)

January 23rd, 2023, 20:32

Did the original PCB have a dry solder joint at the zero-ohm resistor near the USB connector?

January 28th, 2023, 13:36

fzabkar wrote:Did the original PCB have a dry solder joint at the zero-ohm resistor near the USB connector?

I didn't check
I solved the case by converting the board to sata and did some modifications on the SA.
Post a reply