Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

Seagate 4 pin connector

October 14th, 2008, 6:59

Hi All,

Maybe slightly off topic BUT .. Does anyone know where I can buy the exact connector for the serial interface (4 pin RX/TX/GND) on SATA Seagates? I want it with the clip mechanism

Thanks for any help!

Re: Seagate 4 pin connector

October 14th, 2008, 18:47

Molex and other major connector mfg. Try a local distributor near you. Where are you located? PM me and I'll send you some contact info near you.

October 14th, 2008, 22:29

I am recalling some CD-ROMs (like Sony CDs) have similar connector for audio output. Or maybe they have 3-pin :?:

October 15th, 2008, 2:40

Hi Thanks,

The pins for CD (tried it ;o) are 2.54mm between them. However, the Seagate uses 2mm spacing :(

Searching for components is a serious pain in the poppa !!

I see Seagate has no decent intergration guide on their website

G

October 15th, 2008, 3:17

You might try searching here:
http://www.alliedelec.com/

but it will be a search

October 17th, 2008, 12:14

Will give it a try. thanks

March 28th, 2012, 9:48

Did anyone ever get a part number?

I tried the molex website with no luck. I ordered a connector from digikey that I thought would be good, but it's a little too big. The pitch is 2mm and there has to be an exact connector with the little lock to fit the groove. Anybody? :D

March 28th, 2012, 12:34

This was a reply from a Molex sales engineer...

We currently do not have a connector that fits that slot. From what we can identify is that part number is referencing the SATA power interface that we do carry, part number 67582-0000. I highly recommend to contact the manufacturer of the hard drive to find out where to get that connector and the part number of that connector.

Finding an exact match seems like a PITA.

March 29th, 2012, 5:35

Do you need/want the lock for retention purposes or for keying purposes? If the latter, then you could super-glue a keying tab onto the terminal housing.

April 2nd, 2012, 15:42

I'm sure ace has some.

January 25th, 2022, 8:17

This is a very late reply but this is one of the top hits in Google for the question and I have not seen anything on the web with the correct part number.

The connector is I believe part of the Molex Milli-Grid system which is a 2.0mm pin header system with a locking/key that is the closest part I can find. You would want a 4x1 housing and crimp contacts so part Molex part number 1511000004 for the right housing and 0503948052 for the female connectors. I have some on order from DigiKey as the only supplier who could sell me them in small quantities and actually have them in stock.
Post a reply