All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...

Post subject: data recovery tools
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 13:12 

hi everybody,

I need some information about data compass and pc3000 pci. Which one is better.How is data compass If any body purchsed recently what is the cost of it.

if ant body know better tools pl let me know.

thanks in advance.

narasimha

Post subject: Re: data recovery tools
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 14:15 

I don't see the tools as competing products. PC3000, by itself without Data Extractor, is more likely to be competing against the Salvation Data HDD Doctors. With Data Extractor, PC3000, blows Data Compass out of the water. However, throw in the HDD Doctors with Data Compass and now you have comparable products. Yet, at the end of the day, PC3000 & DE are proven in the industry, while the Salvation Data tools are still babes in the market.

Personally, I use PC3000 + DE, but would love to try Data Compass out, if someone is willing to send me a unit to test.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 17:32 

sughart wrote:
hi everybody,

I need some information about data compass and pc3000 pci. Which one is better.How is data compass If any body purchsed recently what is the cost of it.

if ant body know better tools pl let me know.

thanks in advance.

narasimha

The "best tools" its build u own tools, from that way u are not lmited , of course need´s R+D & lot of time

Regards

PostPosted: June 24th, 2009, 5:36 

hi, i agree with both lcoughey and Beto ... i personally use both SD products and pc3k and also some others, i think you have to try and find the ones that fit most to your needs and way of thinking...
If you can develop your own is better as this means you're really mastering hdd technology and you can design it as you need.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 17:47 

sughart wrote:
hi everybody,

I need some information about data compass and pc3000 pci. Which one is better.

It is not the quality of the tools, it is the quality of the person using them. different people will have different preferences. Also, there is now Atola to consider.

Besides, there is plenty of reviews and information regarding these tools in previous posts. Use the search feature and read about them

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 22:55 

data compass and pc3000 pci are quite different tools for different job. They can't be compared together.
Surely we all know that tools and equipments are very essential in our work which can help us to reach a high working effeiciency and match the customers satisfactory. But knowledge about data recovery filed is also quite necessary. No matter how powerful your tools are, but you do not have any knowledge about data recovery and never know what's the command code of a drive, then all the "powerful tools" are nonsense for you. vice versa, a professional even can use his home-made tools well. So you know what's my meaning.

If you are rich enough, i hope you can buy SalvationDATA tools or PC3000to gether and to test which one is better.