Switch to full style
In-depth technology research: finding new ways to recover data, accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust.

Forum rules

Please do not post questions about data recovery cases here (use this forum instead). This forum is for topics on finding new ways to recover data. Accessing firmware, writing programs, reading bits off the platter, recovering data from dust...
Post a reply

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 7th, 2011, 16:27

einstein9 wrote:
_dex_ wrote:
einstein9 wrote:Dejan,

I guess by looking @ your post here about this issue you are familiar with the SoftICE right?

really interesting post


I don't know that SoftICE can debugg ARM cores?
You can use any JTAG ARM Debugger, WinARM, Ti CCS, NoICE, KEIL, etc,etc...


Dejan,

After Squeezing my Memory for a very long time, I REMEMBER NOW
but seems YOU FORGOT REALLY

We Have done some Biz. long time back, and i mean here long (more than 6-7y)
Am looking @ my old Archived MailBox (hope i can find it) and will extract some discussions info. from there which we had long time back by emails and will get back to you here and PM once i find it

Really, NICE TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN, As they said: Life Circulate.


???
I'm not sure that I discussed on this forum before.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 8th, 2011, 1:15

_dex_ wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
_dex_ wrote:
einstein9 wrote:Dejan,

I guess by looking @ your post here about this issue you are familiar with the SoftICE right?

really interesting post


I don't know that SoftICE can debugg ARM cores?
You can use any JTAG ARM Debugger, WinARM, Ti CCS, NoICE, KEIL, etc,etc...


Dejan,

After Squeezing my Memory for a very long time, I REMEMBER NOW
but seems YOU FORGOT REALLY

We Have done some Biz. long time back, and i mean here long (more than 6-7y)
Am looking @ my old Archived MailBox (hope i can find it) and will extract some discussions info. from there which we had long time back by emails and will get back to you here and PM once i find it

Really, NICE TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN, As they said: Life Circulate.


???
I'm not sure that I discussed on this forum before.



Am not talking about this subject, it was something else
i dono really where i kept my Portable OLD mailbox but will find it

and if am not mistaking here, we were discussing the SIM cards structure @ that time or something similar

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 8th, 2013, 0:02

_dex_ wrote:Hello,

Is there anyone who have pinouts of 88i6745n JTAG?
or PASS for RAR file: http://www.griol.com/ftp/WD/88I6745.rar ?
or a way to rewrite broken ROM in 88i6745n ?
or a way to boot from external U12 EEPROM 24p10, 24p20 ?

B.R.
Dex

did you find the solution for this problem
a way to rewrite broken ROM in 88i6745n
a way to boot from external U12 EEPROM
i have read your post it is helpfull
but send me if you solve it
and i will try to find a solution for this problem

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 9th, 2013, 11:30

VERY, VERY COOOLLLLL !!!!
Will have to play with this as soon as i have time !!!!
Absolutly AMAZINNNGGGG !
Thanks for sharing this knowledge. Real nice topic indeed.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2013, 18:58

_dex_ wrote:It seems that nobody wants to help me, so I've find JTAG pins by my self!
Hope that somebody will be interested.

JTAG pins are on board CON1 and it seems that is same on all boards?!!
I tested on 2061-701335-c00 Marvell 88i6545 and 2061-701499-e00 Marvell 88i6745n.
Both chips have same ID 0x259663d3 !!!

Here is connection to 2061-701499-e00.

Image

And closeup connection to JTAG test points.

Image

And closeup connection to JTAG CON1.

Image


B.R.
Dejan


Very fascinating. You should really get a job in HDD/SSD company...

Zvonimir

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2013, 19:21

zzb wrote:Very fascinating. You should really get a job in HDD/SSD company...

He should be teaching DR. In the 4 years that I've been watching this group I have yet to see anyone who even comes close to his skill set.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2013, 19:29

fzabkar wrote:He should be teaching DR. In the 4 years that I've been watching this group I have yet to see anyone who even comes close to his skill set.

He sould be teaching. PERIOD

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2013, 22:04

It is a pity the pictures don't work anymore. Very interesting stuff.

For those that like to JTAG ... there is a tool created by Joe Grand of Grand Idea Studio http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/jtagulator/ called the JTAGulator. http://www.parallax.com/product/32115

It is distributed by Parallax
JTAGulator is an open source hardware tool that assists in identifying OCD connections from test points, vias, or component pads on a target device.


Linkies:

http://threatpost.com/joe-grand-on-hardware-hacking-and-the-jtagulator
and google.

This tool is supposed to figure out where the JTAG connections are, and what they are. Im buying one as soon as I can - IF and when they ever get any in stock, dammnit.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2013, 22:29

fzabkar wrote:In the 4 years that I've been watching this group I have yet to see anyone who even comes close to his skill set.

Some people do not seek public attention :)
Although that guy is definitely good, I assure you, he is not unique. I personally know several guys who are very good in RE and they also do DR professionally

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

October 7th, 2013, 14:29

Doomer wrote:
fzabkar wrote:In the 4 years that I've been watching this group I have yet to see anyone who even comes close to his skill set.

Some people do not seek public attention :)
Although that guy is definitely good, I assure you, he is not unique. I personally know several guys who are very good in RE and they also do DR professionally


This is true, but I can say from my experience working with big box data recovery companies, the willingness to do this kind of research is pretty rare. 2 thumbs up for anyone who does.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

November 13th, 2013, 12:41

Well - I really wanted to contact Dejan, and see if he is interested in a job. If You guys think
you know some comparable engineer-hackers, let them contact me. I am hiring for very good jobs - SSDs and non-volat. memories.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

September 6th, 2014, 20:54

Old, but still great topic. Again, one of Dejans quick 'masterpieces'. After having read the thread I'm positive this is GSM Dejan, the guy responsible for cracking Nokias DCT and BB5 devices breaking their sim locks, must have been in 1998 or something. He was selling the first GSM Nokia flasher at the time and was the driving innovation machine of the scene. Probably until these chinese copycats spoiled his business, there were tons of reversed copies soon and much trouble, envy and sh*t in that scene.
Funny to see him posting here 'cause his HDD was corrupt ;)
So, if I'm not mistaken he probably did have the best job offers in the industrie. I learnt most of my GSM knowledge then through his work, basically the base of my business up to today. If you read this, Dejan: it's time for a big thanks.

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

October 12th, 2014, 11:54

To je taj Dejan. Ne brini. ;)

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 9th, 2015, 4:57

Hi _dex_, you work of this JTAG debugging on the hard drive is excellent and wonderful! I have a hard drive(WD5000AAKX-083CA1,PCB 2060-771640-003, Marvel 88i9045 ). I can't find CON1 on this PCB. Can you tell me how to find the JTAG-interface on the PCB? Thanks for your reply and help.Here is my PCB.
http://img01.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded ... 185752.jpg

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 12th, 2015, 19:46

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/Fahr ... 5_JTAG.pdf

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f672/jt ... 0-1661635/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBThd8nBKQ8




Haltec

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 26th, 2015, 17:35

Rest in peace Dejan. (_dex_)





Haltec
Attachments
Dejan_2w350kk.jpg

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 26th, 2015, 21:19

Rest in peace

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 27th, 2015, 4:40

Rest in peace

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 27th, 2015, 7:19

R.I.P., Dejan... :-(

Re: Marvell 88i6745n JTAG

March 27th, 2015, 22:52

His post and work will live forever. God bless.
Post a reply