Switch to full style
Buy/sell hard drives, parts, tools
Post a reply

Looking for a donor WD10EAVS HDD

March 9th, 2023, 3:08

Is there a compatible donor HDD that is compatible with the following patient HDD?

Patient HDD

MDL: WD10EAVS-00D7B0
DATE: 15 MAY 2008
DCM: HHRNNT2CAB
R/N: 701537
S/N: WCAU40285619
Drive Parameters: LBA 1953525168 1.0 TB
Attachments
B393B391-7B0A-4F37-B469-E86F61421BD5.jpeg
Patient HDD label

Re: Looking for a donor WD10EAVS HDD

March 9th, 2023, 9:00

I would just go for another Kermit drive with same headmap and usual matching parameters. Think Atlantis would fit to.
Not sure what exactly you are asking about - please specify..

Re: Looking for a donor WD10EAVS HDD

March 9th, 2023, 22:52

digisupport wrote:I would just go for another Kermit drive with same headmap and usual matching parameters. Think Atlantis would fit to.
Not sure what exactly you are asking about - please specify..

I am searching for an HDD that matches the specifications of the HDD shown in the picture and stated under the "Patient HDD" list as I am doing an HDD head repair. I only need good working heads. Based on this guide for choosing a donor HDD, I would need to at least match the model ID in the first part and the 'D7B' characters in the second part (top priority; preferably, the whole model ID to match), match the 'T2' characters in the DCM ID (high priority; preferably, the 'RNN' characters preceding the 'T2' characters to also match; ideally, the whole DCM ID to match), and match the physical heads (top priority; already opened the HDD as shown in the picture with visible screws; HDD configuration is 3 platters, 6 heads). Ideally, rather fully match all ideal donor HDD criteria to eliminate variables affecting HDD repair.

Ideally, if it means lower costs, I would rather just only obtain the compatible donor HDD head so I can get the HDD in the picture to read the SA MODs for rewriting ROM MODs. Also, I prefer to pay in CA$ and head/HDD be located domestically (1st preference) or within North America (2nd preference; USA included).
Post a reply