All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What do you think about the price I am asking?
Poll ended at March 27th, 2023, 18:47
Too High 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just Right 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Too Low 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Selling Rapidspar w/ Data Acquisition Add-on
PostPosted: March 13th, 2023, 18:47 

Thank you for your interest.

I am looking to sell my Rapidspar unit w/ data acquisition add-on that is 2 months since purchased from https://rapidspar.com/
Note this does not include the USB add-on to interface with external USB harddrives, but I'm guessing one could buy that directly from rapidspar if needed. It is a separate piece of hardware. https://rapidspar.com/usbaddon.html

I am preferably looking for someone to transact with in the Southern California area to minimize my time & risk, particularly as I would rather not risk any damage to the product in-shipping.
I am willing to ship within the US if local interest is low, but I probably will never warm up to shipping internationally (sorry everyone else!)

I am very happy with this unit and it performed perfectly as expected. Frankly, I was even thinking of how to start a business specifically around data recovery it worked so well, and that is from someone with zero training who managed to recover two of their own drives, one requiring a headswap. What an experience that was. Never sweated so much in my life. I was planning to just keep it or see if a friend wanted to start a business, but I'm getting married and moving out of the area, and kind of need the cash, so I'd rather this go to someone who will use it more or who needs a little discount. To me, reselling is my way of giving someone a discount on something that 100% works and was incredibly useful for what I wanted it for, but also which allows me to recoup this very big expense since I probably won't be starting a business after all.

There are better options out there for professionals sure, but as a beginner, I was blown away by how easy this made diagnosing and recovering data from my drives. I'm sure it is even better in the hands of people who know what they are doing. And no, I don't work for Rapidspar :) I'm just a very happy customer who wanted to share his experience, and hopefully, find a buyer who will have an equally good experience.

It has been powered on about three times in the past two months for a total use time of less than 10 hours (2-3 hours per cloning of 1tb drives). There is no damage to the unit itself, only a small scratch on the carrying case that I can't account for as it has been sitting on my desk, and could have very well been shipped to me as is.

My asking price if it needs to be shipped is $1700 + shipping (I will cover shipping insurance up to $30 estimated by USPS).
For local buyers in the Southern California area (San Diego to Los Angeles area) willing to do a face-to-face transaction, the cash price is $1600 + I'll come to you.

How do I get these numbers you ask?

I'm effectively taking 25-30% off the price I paid. Note that Rapidspar does allow transfer of the license once I provide them an email of who it is transferring to. There is also a yearly fee for RapidNebula of $350 to consider longterm, but there is still 9 months left on mine.

As a reference, new cars, notorious for not holding their value, depreciate about 20% within the first year, but since this is a niche market, not a car, I feel that 25-30% depreciation within 2 months is fair and allows my losses to be about what I would have paid for professional data recovery. Maybe I'm wrong, but feel free to counteroffer.

Please reply here if you are interested. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Selling Rapidspar w/ Data Acquisition Add-on
PostPosted: March 13th, 2023, 20:38 

Full transparency, I've read around some more, and the price I am asking for in my original post is probably too high, almost certainly. Seller's folly, thinking what they have is worth more than what it is. I wanted to edit my post but because it needed approval, I couldn't do so.

I'm now thinking closer to 40% off retail is more reasonable... I want to make this a good price for someone but still get something back.

Maybe something like:

$1300 + shipping for any US mainland address. I'll pay for shipping insurance through USPS or other courier, which I estimate will cost about $20-$30.
Local Southern California cash price at $1200.

I'm sure my poll will not age well but that's business for you. Happy to hear from others what they think I should charge, even if they aren't interested.

I'll be $1000 in the hole at $1200-$1300, but at least that is within reason of what it would have cost for professional data recovery requiring a cleanroom.

Let me know! Just want to get something back and am still happy with my purchase either way.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2023, 22:00 

hi i send you a pm

PostPosted: March 21st, 2023, 13:27 

Just commenting that this is still available as of 3/21/23. Asking price is still $1300.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2023, 14:13 

Sending you a PM.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2023, 13:35 

If interested, please PM and also email me at: sellingrapidspar@gmail.com

PostPosted: April 13th, 2023, 14:10 

Just commenting that this is still available as of 4/13/23.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2023, 17:56 

You sending it to estonia too?

PostPosted: December 7th, 2023, 14:04 

I sent you an email. If you don't get it, PM me on here.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2023, 14:50 

Thank you Socal91. Looking forward to completing this deal.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2024, 9:28 

Still available?