All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No new topics are allowed in this forum. Please use other forums to create topics.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25th, 2006, 16:01 

maysoft wrote:
The long answer is:
Yes. By using MHDD Terminal (available in MHDD 4.5, not available in MHDD 4.6). You will have to write your own scripts, send vendor-specific commands, etc.

OK, I downloaded 4.5. How do I get the needed commands? I don't think that Maxtor or Western Digital are going to provide that information.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25th, 2006, 20:55 

You are correct. Unfortunately, I am not going to do that either :D
Sorry…

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25th, 2006, 21:13 

Can you at least give me a hint, somewhere to start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 8:10 

Unfortunately...

Maybe someone else will help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 14:48 

maysoft wrote:
Unfortunately...

Tell me something, since you pretty much know all there is about HDDs, your reason for being a member of this forum must be to help people. This, however, does not look like helping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 17:13 

Hello,

theese commands are not available for the public and it wouldn't be a good idea to publish them either.
U may do some research to find out theese, and I am sure U will not want to publish them afterwards :), as it needs a lot of time and knowledge.
This is one of the reasons data recovery is covered with a kind of mist...
In general we can say one has to pay for the tools and info if he wants to do DR. This costs a lot for those who really want to do it, and I think nobody wants to give away the info he got in some years of experience or by spending his bucks.
This is not that people don't want to help, but this is beyond the category U might expect help on an open forum.
Kick me if I am wrong...

regards,
pepe

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 17:32 

Hi Pepe,

I fully agree with you in that the knowledge acquired over many years is a valuable commodity. But I would like people to be more honest about this. If they don't want to tell me they should say so; if they want some compensation (which would not be out of the question) they should say so as well; if they have some advice, give it; just don't play this cat and mouse game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 20:27 

khcon

Well, if you think that my contribution in a form of MHDD releases is not enough... then I give up. I cannot give you everything

I helped to the point i could. Just review my first answers to you. You just wanted to know the long answer and you got it. I knew you wouldn't like it. Well, I am sorry, but I can't change this. And I know that tere ARE people who might want and are able to help further. I am not one of them (I want but I can't).

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 20:36 

maysoft,
I am not saying that I don't appreciate your work (and the MHDD tool). It's just quite annoying the way things are being kept a secret, especially by people who are not in the data-recovery business (which explains why this is so expensive).

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 22:29 

I agree that this might be annoying. This is something I can't change, the whole industry is following the same rules. And those people who are not in the data recovery business, they just do not have the information you're asking for :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 20:45 

khcon wrote:
maysoft wrote:
Unfortunately...

Tell me something, since you pretty much know all there is about HDDs, your reason for being a member of this forum must be to help people. This, however, does not look like helping...

I would guess that one reason maysoft can't talk too much about it is due to employment contracts or something similar.

-brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 20:51 

bhoar wrote:
I would guess that one reason maysoft can't talk too much about it is due to employment contracts or something similar.

-brendan

I agree entirely and would completely understand; if people would just say so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2006, 0:03 

I have a 20GB firewire hdd, but it have errors, and I can´t formmat it correctly, it freezes the format window... It is readable, but I think the problem is that it have a partition of 39 MB that i dont know how it makes it. I want to erase this partition and format the entire hdd, but i cant find software that can do that... I found a demo of partition manager 7.0 and probably it can do that, but it isn´t freeware (...no cash) Can somenone recommend me a solutions or freeware software that can do that...

PD Excuse me if my english is bad, but I have´nt practice recently...

Post subject: edit erase wait time
PostPosted: June 29th, 2006, 12:21 

Hey can i edit a file to change the value which the erase waits is at to >150? Also, does Mhdd work the same with Laptop Hdds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2006, 15:06 

The answer to both questions is yes.

regarding the first question, do the following:
run MHDD
run SCAN
stop SCAN
exit MHDD
edit file MHDD.CFG, it will now have the corresponding line in it

Post subject: HPA FAILS TO CUT HDD..DRIVE FAILED
PostPosted: July 30th, 2006, 3:23 

Banned User

IN MHDD...WHEN I USE HPA COMMAND...IT FAILS TO CUT LBA...DRIVE HAS FAILED ERROR OCCURS....

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 9:03 

Hello all
First sorry if I will write soemthing that someone here will not agree or like, but at 6 to 8 years ago I was like crayzy looking for something to start to learn, so was a long and hard walk, and I will do here the same that people did to me in the past. Any desagreement - just tell me and I will erase the info, ok ?

Ok, you and someothers here may want to do some serius in this business and if is this; we will see.
To lear bout something, first you need to ask yourself if you has time and the good will to do something - to use you time and money to learn.
If your anwser is yes, here you will have something to start.

1- You are looking for knowledge in hard disks ?
A- start to readding hard disks manuals, and start to looking for them in internet as everybody here did, also this exercise will help you in someothers things.

2- All computers parts has a "college" or organization that decides about is features and about its devellopment, hard disk is part o this.

3- Hard disk is part of computer so is a thing that is ? attached at a motherboard and has comunication protocols that is also part of the process as well as on thing named I/O, another good thing to study is what means DMA, PIO, SMART.

4- Looking for this things you will find a lot about what you are asking, aslo I will point you in 2 things and you will do and exercise - you will start your research form them:
A- there is a web site in internet with computer parts and it si complet look there there is a complet chapert about disks since they start, in 19....
B- there is an association called T13 that is about hard disks.
C- hard disk is protocols ans mechanical parts eletronic parts and others things try to do reaserchs about them,

This is a good forum, just start to read it, and you will find all informations that you need to start your learnning process, what people that are here does not like ( the ones that real have the knwoledge - not me - I'm just a lernning guy ) is when people start to ask for answers when they even know the question.

I hope you at least read this all and start to think instead to complain, people that whats and need helps suppose to do not write agressive posts. So be nice when you are asking help, this will help you not only here but in your life, we allways need good manners.

Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 7:27 

hi dimitri
i need help
is possible cloning hdd ,usualy mhdd ??
i work sata is detect is mhdd ,i need cloning for hdd ide
PLS
tanks very much

Post subject: mrs dimitri
PostPosted: December 7th, 2006, 7:44 

what is manual complet for mhdd??

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 1:19 

maysoft

Hi! I have 2 hard disk: Maxtor DiamondMax 40G and WD 120G, They have been set password but I can't forget password. Can you tell me sloving proplem?
My English is not good, so you sympathize to me. Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next