All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No new topics are allowed in this forum. Please use other forums to create topics.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 7:38 

hi mysoft
i need your help for the best tool
mhdd ,for cloning is possible???
tanks
marcos daniel

Post subject: How to diagnostic SCSI HDD under XP
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 23:07 

Hi,

According to Q3 MHDD able to diagnostic HDD through USERPORT driver.

After install USERPORT and tried out few methods still failed to make it.

My SCSI card model is Adaptec 29160N, please advice, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2007, 18:36 

kc
That's for IDE/SATA only.

Post subject: ACCESS TIME MOD
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 10:00 

I would like to know if there is a way to change the policies for signing a block as BAD using MHDD.
By default i read that policie used is >350ms time response for signing as bad..... I want to change this time to anticipate damages because i think that is not very important lost 1Gb more on an 80Gb HD if this operations could promise to me that i'll can use that HD for one year time more!!!

In particular I refer to FAQ n° 10 listed up here... I would like to sign BAD also green blocks or (for example) > 100ms time response. Please replay to me. I've read the other topics and FAQ and DOC with MHDD but i've not found information about this!!

desigabri

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 16:08 

maysoft wrote:

These are dead links now, and I'm very interested in reading up on this could anyone point me in the right direction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 16:22 

I did a search for the file name and quickly answered my own question:

http://www.bandp.co.kr/it-newtwork/pdf/ ... TAPI-7.pdf

Google is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2007, 18:23 

You do not even have to use google. It is much closer :wink:
http://hddguru.com/content/en/documentation/

Post subject: Help ? (new member) HD problem..
PostPosted: June 20th, 2007, 23:40 

(Sorry if this question is in wrong place)

I have a Toshiba MK3021GAS, Sno 4DO5677T, 30.1gb.

This is marked as, Sec 63, Hds 16, Cyl 16383, on the label.
'Spinrite' (Steve Gibson) HD test programme shows >
Original config, Sec 63, Hds 251, Cyl 573.
Current config, Sec 63, Hds 240, Cyl 1024, and will not test.

This drive when used in a 'Advent' computer works 100%,
Formats, partitions, scandisks and loads OS 100%.

When put in a IBM 600e (where it was working 100% all
as drive C:, UNTIL I decided to partition it. I partitioned it
in the Advent). Now the 600e runs all tests as OK in the
'Easy-Setup' programme (bios, press F1 and switch on)

BUT, in the 600e when booted with a floppy sees C: drive,
I can partition (fdisk) it, format it, but it will not run scandisk,
comes up with 'fat errors' in all partitions.

If I copy all the files from A: (boot disc) to C: they show up
in C: when I 'dir', but .exe files will not run, computer locks
up with a ' - ' (minus) sign.

When I boot/run 'MHDD' and type ID it describes the HD as
a POSHIBA IK3021CAS, Sno 10DK5273T (it should read)

> TOSHIBA MK3021GAS, Sno 4D05677T. to add more salt
to the wound when put back in the Advent it will Fdisk, format,
scandisk, load OS no problems........

Please can the 'Guru' help,,,, grovel,,,, grovel....

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 14:09 

Try a low-level format to clear all hidden partitions.

That, aside from incompatibility with the IBM 600e (despite it working previously) is the only thing I can come up with.

Have you tried the same thing with another drive?

Post subject: Re: HDD FAQ
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 7:03 

I have a question that I haven't found in thq Q&A section.
in mhdd:
blue screen, and then the message "cannot write log file, disk is full"

problem regards my RAM disk or floppy? (when error message appear I'm in the erase&scan tool)

thanks,
E.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 19:01 

everlost, that means exactly what it says; cannot be explained better... There is no "problem" with RAM or floppy, there is just not enough free space for writing more logs.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 15:33 

ok...but WHERE?I mean, where the logs are written?

the scan is interrupted and can't go on, so I can't scan all the drive..

PostPosted: September 6th, 2007, 2:23 

better do scanning with MHDD using a bootable DOS hard drive...(4.3 GB is enough)

PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 2:11 

:D Hi, I´m new to this Forum and happy at that. Eventhough I have alot to share with all you people in the Data Recovery activity, for the first time I just need some help on two subjects:
1) Can anybody tell me if with MHDD one can clone a drive onto another and how to do it? Using the ATOF instruction to give it a try all I get is the tool trying to copy the named file to the same drive I´m trying to clone. Maybe I haven´t found the way, so some help is most wellcome.
2) I´m in the process of buying Salvation Data´s products for Seagte/Maxtor/WD, however I´m also curious about the HRT tool, but so far finding the web site of the company behind this product has produced no results. Does anybody out there know the address? Also any comment about its usefullness and how does it compare to the pc-3000pci Win is most wellcome.

I´m preparing for all of you a description of how I devised my own head stack removers safely using very cheap resources.

Excelent FORUM.
Manuel.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 9:22 

1. MHDD do not have that function AFAIK, CMIIW...Probably Master Dmitry can explain better
2. HRT ? As I aware, it was stated before in this forum : Piece of a crap.....I forgot who posted it, but it was posted here...Why ? Because you will get no tech support at all

PC 3000 PCI is the best I know...sadly, ACE stopped supporting this model. They are selling PC 3000 UDMA now. Check their website for its possibility and capability. :)

PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 11:23 

Manuel wrote:

I´m preparing for all of you a description of how I devised my own head stack removers safely using very cheap resources.

Excelent FORUM.
Manuel.

Any news on this? Would be very interested to see! ;-)

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 17:20 

:) Hi Mr. Postrigan:
Is it possible to clone a drive onto another using MHDD? Using the ATOF instruction is not possible or did I do something wrong?
Thanks for your reply.
Manuel

PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 20:19 

Thank you for your reply cryoborgofthevenus. I already found HRT´s web site. When you say that HRT is crap what exactly do you mean by that: that because support is lausy then the product is bad? I thing that such a statement may not be true: support may be bad but the product probably is good enough if you know how to use it, and now that I found it I visited ( http://www.bvg-group.ru/eng/diagnostic/HRT_DRE.php ) and learned that they came out with their new HRT v.5 UDM most probable to compete head on against pc-3000 UDM. Although I consider the pc-3000 an excelent product, my believe is that it is too costly and when you add support which is excessive, it is way out of reach. I already ordered Salvation Data´s products for Seagate/Maxtor/WD at a good discount us$1100: I made myself the question if whether pc-3000 UDM was better than SD´s products for those same drives and the conclusion is inescable: IT IS NOT. Also it is not a question of which is better but rather: can they accomplish the same results? and the anwser is a resounding YES you can do the same and to boot, instead of having me to pay aprox us$1700 per drive manufacturer I´m only paying us$370 per drive manufacturer and support is free, and probably can do a few more things that pc-3000 can not. If that is not a good reason then what is. There are other products out there that are also very good and some extraordinary, for example, and it is curious that almost no mention is made of the situation in the forum: when a drive ends up with thousands or even millions of inaccessible sectors, the drive is still recognized by the BIOS, your preciuos data can not be accesed because is embeded in bad sectors, what do you do: pc-3000 won´t help!!!! Here you have to use the proper tools like Deep Spar Disk Imager, costly but probably the best tool for the job, and at a lower level RecoverSoft Media Tools Professional from ProsoftEng at us$400, currently I´m testing it and so far is excelent but can be improved. It can see a drive even if the BIOS doesn´t in some cases, it has also other useful tools but for me recovering the data from failing drives is the most important.
Well this is going too far, there is much to discuss, for the moment just let me tell you that I´m working on the descripcion of my head stack remover to make it easy for everyone to follow, all I can tell you at the moment is that it is safe to use, removes the head block with the heads securely separated and parqued, it allows you to take them back on to the platters so you don´t have to suffer about how to do it, remember you only have two hands and trying to separate heads with pliers or separarators is a pain in the you know what when you have more than two heads.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 22:05 

pcimage, Hi pcimage, for the moment just let me tell you that I´m working on the descripcion of my head stack remover to make it easy for everyone to follow, all I can tell you at the moment is that it is safe to use, removes the head block with the heads securely separated and parqued, it allows you to take them back on to the platters so you don´t have to suffer about how to do it, remember you only have two hands and trying to separate heads with pliers or separarators is a pain in the you know what when you have more than two heads. The description will have to include several photos. Thanks for the interest.
Manuel
By the way I´m from Colombia S.A a beautiful country.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 4:29 

Manuel...I didn't post that. Somebody else, not me..... :D I just pass what I read before in this forum...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next