Switch to full style
Discussions related to Atola Insight data recovery/Forensic suite, Atola Bandura standalone imager
Post a reply

Bandura X Imager (Atola)

May 27th, 2011, 10:32

Hi to all! :mrgreen:
which differences of quality in copies of atola bandura to the atola imager?

What is the best for the DR?

sorry,
http://www.atola.com/products/bandura/b ... agers.html

Re: Bandura X Imager (Atola)

May 28th, 2011, 12:58

Sempre,

Atola imager would be better for DR , it can image via head map and use read long, Bandura can not, based on the Matrix displayed on the Atola webpage.

June 3rd, 2011, 2:53

I just saw a demo of the new Bandura Imager today and the color screen and the layout of the controls is good and the unit looks well made. The low introductory price is a good deal that will not last. In my case, I am looking for an imager that can handle hard drives with severe sector damage. I believe my best choice for that purpose would be an Atola Imager. My main use for the unit will be data recovery and very little if any hard drive duplication.

Alan

June 3rd, 2011, 3:06

Alan2,
you made the most appropriate choice in my opinion. Atola Imager is more fluent if you need to recover data often. Its heads support and advanced tunability of imaging process will certainly help in your case.

June 4th, 2011, 2:22

:mrgreen:
Atola Imager

June 20th, 2011, 9:54

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Ethernet port on the rear of the unit is currently used for?..

Steve..

June 20th, 2011, 17:46

You can plug either into a router, switch, etc (something that will allow it to be assigned an ip) or directly into your system and manually assign it an ip.

if you have it installed on your network, you can control it (one user at a time) from anywhere on that network, also you can image to any HDD on your network that you have granted access for. The speed will be mostly limited by your network (up to gigabit).

June 20th, 2011, 18:18

Touchclarity
It is not used in the current version of the firmware, however, we plan to add imaging to a network share or imaging with help of a software running on a PC (we haven't decided yet).

June 21st, 2011, 1:51

Thanks Dmitry, I was hoping you would say that... :D

Steve
Post a reply