All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bandura is no more.......
PostPosted: July 17th, 2013, 2:08 

I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed in Atola.... but I suppose it had to happen...... I suppose....http://blog.atola.com/we-are-shutting-down-bandura/

"If it's your only copy - then it's not a backup!"

Post subject: Re: Bandura is no more.......
PostPosted: July 17th, 2013, 18:50 

Not sure if I understand why you are disappointed? Bandura will not stop working, we also continue to support all units sold (as stated in my blog post).

Could you please clarify?

Thanks

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 2:04 

This tool had great potential.... I purchased one when they very first appeared, and have seen the developments and improvements with every firmware release... It's a great little unit that compliments ANY DR lab. It has many uses other than just as an imager.... in fact, it's probably the thing I use it LEAST for...

Whilst I can see your reasons for dropping it, and fully understand them, It's just disappointing (to me) that those that purchased one will see no future development on this great little workhorse....

By the lack of input to this post, I can see that there's probably not a lot of love for it anyway..... :(

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 9:52 

Ours gets used everyday. wiping drives, general cloning of drives with minor issues, diagnostics arent great so we never use it for that. Wouldnt want to be without it now though.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 11:15 

Hello

That's Sad i was plan to buy one in the next month.

Thanks for the information.

William

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 11:21 

I bought one of the last units produced, just 2 weeks ago. I love it! It's perfect for a small computer repair shop like mine. I also recently bought a DFL-DE and have thought about selling the Bandura so I can upgrade to the DFL-DDP, but am undecided. They tend to compliment each other. If someone makes me an offer I can't refuse, I'll consider it, but it has to be fast because the DFL-DE ships in a couple of days and if I upgrade after that, the cost of shipping the DE back would spoil the deal.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 13:18 

There are still a few new units available in the distribution channel of USA and of Europe.

Its an outstanding tool with several nice features PLUS it is a stand alone unit.

I dont understand the rumors - this unit will do what its build for - no matter
when it was baught.

I will keep mine until it falls apart - and I bet that wont happen soon.....

+++

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 14:37 

I can confirm that we have just completed the last production batch of new units. If you want to buy a Bandura, you can still do it; all distributors have them back in stock as of this Monday.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2013, 9:46 

LarrySabo wrote:
I bought one of the last units produced, just 2 weeks ago. I love it! It's perfect for a small computer repair shop like mine. I also recently bought a DFL-DE and have thought about selling the Bandura so I can upgrade to the DFL-DDP, but am undecided. They tend to compliment each other. If someone makes me an offer I can't refuse, I'll consider it, but it has to be fast because the DFL-DE ships in a couple of days and if I upgrade after that, the cost of shipping the DE back would spoil the deal.

Well,
Go For DFL-DDP .you Will Not Regret It .New Update Again On The Corner In 2 Weeks .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: July 30th, 2013, 1:05 

hate to tell you there some mix reviews with the DFL-DDP
but they are not very open.

i would spend a little more and buy a atola imager

if people want a good product look into atola products

PostPosted: July 30th, 2013, 5:44 

The eternal treadmill of DR gear continues.
(reminds me of the 1980s treadmill of hifi invariably ending with a Linn/Naim system)

Low: Buy in to DR at cheap. cover as many bases as possible even for words like "firmware" that are little understood at that stage and realise how little it actually covers.
Make some money to re invest.

Mid:(this is the main battle ground) toss a coin between the two major imager manufacturers. Get something semi automated. Hook it up, click go. "Bread and butter" work.
Decide it doesn't quite cover enough and sell it to buy something else which .... doesn't quite do enough.
Make some more money to re invest

High: Eventually you know where it is going. Despite arguments about "lock in" and renewal fees, you eventually end up with "that" piece of equipment.

Uh ho, now theres SSD. Buy cheap, crap etc etc now do we go with the technical guy that offers greater potential but no guarantees of continuity or the mainstream company that can throw thousands at development.

Through that path you either keep old equipment even if only as "door stops" or as secondary gear, and maybe add to the raft of intermediate level semi-auto imagers.

Even after this, companies need to "round out" their gear and buy the "other " manufacturers offerings.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine. / Where have you been? / It's alright we know where you've been. / You've been in the pipeline, filling in time /Provided with toys ... la la la

just my 2c/penneth/рубль

Kern

PostPosted: July 30th, 2013, 18:51 

The solution is simple, and binary. You have to buy them all. Easy :) Shit. Forgot I cant afford to. Foiled again.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2013, 0:55 

Not everybody interested in DR wants to be a DR pro. There are many thousands of computer repair shops/techs that would like to do more DR by making a modest investment in time, money and training, without breaking the bank or doing DR exclusively. Whatever capabilities they lack, they can sub-contract to the pros. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

As far as reviews of the DFL-DDR (or other DFL products) are concerned, I haven't seen any, other than on the users-only DFL forum, and I don't recall seeing anything foreboding there. What I have seen, is that these are very new and still evolving products, and that there seems to be a genuine effort to make them excellent and provide excellent support/service at very competitive prices. It would be nice to see some reviews by users who know what they are doing. I'm just a rank beginner at this, and though I am very pleased with the DFL-DE so far, I have just begun to use it, am a rank novice at this and learning as I go along, and am not going to subject myself to ridicule by pros who would be delighted to pick apart anything I did say for errors or lack of rigor. So enjoy your DDI4, PC3K and the innumerable options and upgrades. I sincerely hope they serve you well and make lots of money for you. They are just not feasible for me and many others like me.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2013, 3:09 

digitalferret wrote:
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine. / Where have you been? / It's alright we know where you've been. / You've been in the pipeline, filling in time /Provided with toys ... la la la

And who said the Floyd weren't visionary.......... :lol:

PostPosted: July 31st, 2013, 8:45 

Larry:
"It doesn't have to be all or nothing." therein lies the truth.

Some tho get trapped in the eternal upgrade game.
Some use smoke and mirrors to make their DR Co look impressive and just outsource.
Equipment investment does not make a pro.

My major gripe is companies (and some Uni's) selling quals that are nigh on useless IRL and are best nailed to the wall in the dunny.

Just a note regarding *cynical* pro's.
What riles *pro's* more than anything is when someone starts a post with "i have this customers drive and .... <outlandish freezer experiment statement/question>." rather than " i have taken the following reasonable steps and <question>.
WTG ruining the industry reputation.

If you find a copy of Eric S Raymond how to ask questions text, you will see why some get so het-up.

I'm in similar situation to yourself and don't consider myself a pro.
Just been the "what does this button do" kid albeit in my 50s now.
Done DR in some shape or form since losing work to a MS Office "fast save" bug back in the 90s. So i have covered a lot of ground, just not with high end gear.
You could actually do what most basic gear sold does with some form of OS cables and knowledge. It's just not convenient on a day by day basis, and modern gear probably requires moremuch like car mechanics and chips nowadays.

For example Disk wipers
Enthusiast - Linux box and knowing how to use fundamental commands. Scripting said commands

Pro: Invest in Blancco or a recognised tin box, plug it in, press go. then TEST the result.

Dangerous Aspiring Amateur:
Asking in forum how to wipe a disk. Selling that wipe service to a customer, using a disk utility without understanding it, (one bundled util is actually in test mode and wipes nothing) and ongoing discovering there is still data on the disk. (actual recent case). Legal issues ensue.
Or, as seen on here, "i was copying this disk and got source and target mixed up, what are my chances ...."

Don't be afraid to ask questions or post though.
If you aren't making mistakes you aren't learning.
Just ask sensibly, and don't experiment on customers gear.
simples! clch!
If you get a rude or inconsiderate reply, thank them for their opinion and wait for someone that will help.

Did i mention go and find ESR how to ask questions txt? .....

eadr: I've been mad for ******* years *8)

Kern