All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salvation Data forum - Permissions to read topics
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 13:58 

Hello,
just about a week ago i bought the HD Doctor for Toshiba/Fujitsu
and... just wanted to change the Serial Number for a specific Toshiba hard disk model, and it didn't work, the drives became useless: locked and its model changed to "DRIVE UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
that was the reason that made me register in SD forum, to find some upgrade, or something...
but i can't see any post, it says "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."
i already sent a mail to support@salvationdata.com but they didn't add me to the VIP members group... they answered me and told that they already added me, but nothing...
then i try to compose a MP to the admin but says "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

just want to ask if somebody knows some other way to contact the forum admin, or another way to get upgrades for HD Doctor

please excuse my english, and thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Salvation Data forum - Permissions to read topics
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 23:08 

If you read the manual on this tool it tells you about changing SN and what it does and how to fix it. I think you should contact the person you purchased these tools from and see what they have to say on this one. Normally if you have been added to VIP this should give you right to work on, post, read and down load from the Toshiba/Fujitsu part of the forum. I would send another email. As a guest you can post under guest posts and ask them to check this for you if I am not mistaken. Try this one. But download the manual and check ths out it tells you how to unlock this HDD and what you need to do to unlock it.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 10:32 

Yes of course I read the manual and presumably to change Serial Number the only thing to do is fill in a textbox and press a button
I'm starting to hate the forum administrators SalvationDATA ... they say that they added me as a member vip but isn't true, I still can't see anything ...
and such a think like "guest" in that forum doesn't exist
also the most striking and irresponsible thing was the response of the contact that sold me the product, said the problem must be with that particular model ... and that I should expect an upgrade but I do not know how to download if I can't see anything! I am totally frustrated and disappointed with the products of SalvationDATA
a real waste of money
thanks for the reply

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 15:36 

I have to agree with Tkach. The manual doesn't say a word about changing the serial number on a toshiba hdd. I tried this afternoon and got the same results on a 1637gsx and a 5055gsx. Locked after the SN change. I couldn't unlock with toshiba dr. I used MHDD to unlock (the password was <enter>).

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 18:32 

No there is another way to unlock it and needs terminal to do this one with. If you read the Fujitsu it is not for Toshiba that is where this manual is bad they only created 1 section of a manaul for 2 tools. They gave you information on Fujitsu and you followed this for Toshiba they did not show you anything on Toshiba on this one. But if you understand Toshiba after changing a SN you have to unlock the HDD. It is a little complicated but can be done in these tools.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 12:06 

Vorian wrote:
I have to agree with Tkach. The manual doesn't say a word about changing the serial number on a toshiba hdd. I tried this afternoon and got the same results on a 1637gsx and a 5055gsx. Locked after the SN change. I couldn't unlock with toshiba dr. I used MHDD to unlock (the password was <enter>).

interesting, i tried to unlock the drives with MHDD as you said but seems that <enter> isn't the password... any suggestion?

poehere wrote:
No there is another way to unlock it and needs terminal to do this one with. If you read the Fujitsu it is not for Toshiba that is where this manual is bad they only created 1 section of a manaul for 2 tools. They gave you information on Fujitsu and you followed this for Toshiba they did not show you anything on Toshiba on this one. But if you understand Toshiba after changing a SN you have to unlock the HDD. It is a little complicated but can be done in these tools.

also i tried to unlock the toshiba drive after SN changing but shows an error message

thanks to both for reply

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 14:55 

I did some other tests this afternoon and i "bricked" a 46gsx by trying to change the S/N. After the HDD changed its security to high with no possibilities to disable the password. The unlock button unlock the HDD until the next power cycle and the security system button bugs :-(

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 16:32 

I tried to change the SN of many Toshiba MK1665GSX, with the same result on all: the drive became locked with no posibility to unlock it... not even with MHDD with the "Vorian's method"
we contacted the salvationdata support (with remote assistance) and their answer was "a bug with that specific model" they said that we have to wait an update, supposedly they will fix it...
but apparently the bug covers a lot of models....

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 11:31 

I managed to unlock my bricked toshiba for those who are interested...

Open Hd dr, load from hdd
Hard reset (if not hard resetted, security system bugs...)
unlock button
In the security system set a password (eg: 12345) hd dr must answer ok
then clear password hd dr must answer ok
et voila, an unlocked 1646gsx :D

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 20:09 

Hey Vorian, I have Toshiba MK1032GSX but it's locked with an ATA Password

Is that the procedure to unlock it?

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 22:19 

Sorry, I have solved!!

:D