Page 1 of 1

Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 15th, 2013, 10:23
by esam mohamed
Hello everyone

I have encountered a serious problem when I replaced the damaged PCB of any WD 500 SATA II Hard disk , that after I mounted the healthy PCB and try to generate the ROM using Salvation data doctor for WD, it can't be generated, any help or solution will be appreciated , Thank you all.

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 15th, 2013, 11:31
by labtech
What did SalvationData tech support say about this?

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 15th, 2013, 11:50
by einstein9
i don`t think that they will, but answering the Q here:

for some types/families you cannot re-gen ROM
you have to find it.

good luck

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 16th, 2013, 7:20
by esam mohamed
Labtech , I didn't contact any of Salvation data tech support yet

einstein9 , Thank you very much for your response

Could somebody help me to find the firmware ( ROM + modules) of this Hard disk

WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0
11 NOV 2010 - Product of thailand

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 16th, 2013, 9:04
by labtech
@einstein 9 - I was a bit sarcastic about the tech support

@OP
http://files.hddguru.com/download/PC-30 ... ahoe%20LT/

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 16th, 2013, 9:14
by einstein9
labtech wrote:@einstein 9 - I was a bit sarcastic about the tech support

@OP
http://files.hddguru.com/download/PC-30 ... ahoe%20LT/


What do u mean here?

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 16th, 2013, 21:41
by labtech
I mean my question about OP inquiring with SalvationData was in a sarcastic manner, meaning that I was not quite expecting SalvationData to shed light.

So, I was trying to understand as best as possible the OPs situation.

That said, what you mean by "what do you mean here"?

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 17th, 2013, 4:59
by einstein9
:wink:

in fact SD forum is almost dead. and there are many posts here about it

thank you my dear

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 17th, 2013, 8:38
by labtech
Exactly...

Anyway,

esam mohamed, were you able to make progress with the resources from the link provided?

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 17th, 2013, 9:26
by esam mohamed
Hello labtech,

Thank you very much for your care , I really appreciate that

You posted a link for PC3000 , i need Salvation data file

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 17th, 2013, 10:05
by labtech
Oh, yeah sorry... I personally do not have Salvation resources.

What about here: http://files.hddguru.com/download/Non-P ... /TAHOE_LT/

Are sediv resources compatible with Salvation?

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: April 18th, 2013, 7:55
by SquaL
Hi is I am not mistaken for WD drives PC-3000 files should work with SD. Confirmation is posted here somewhere.

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: May 22nd, 2013, 8:20
by esam mohamed
SquaL and labtech ... Thank you for your positive cooperation , I already contacted Salavtion data tech support and their technician told me that such problem will be solved via hot swap from a donor hard drive , you know I can't try any other Rom files like sediv or PC3k , because salvation data WD doctor didn't detect the hard drive So I can't Backup the required modules to generate ROM or even try other versions or ROM files.

Thank you all for your help , and soory for my late reply :)

Re: Inquiry about generating WD500 ROM

Posted: May 30th, 2013, 6:25
by esam mohamed
Dear Spildit ,

The outline of this problem that when I replaced a dead PCB of any WD500 with a good PCB the drive spins but can't be detected by neither MHDD nor Salvation data tool , So I can't generate ROM for it , I contacted Salvation data tech. support and they recommended PCB hot swap , I didn't try it out yet because it required a typical donor drive.

Thank you for your interest :)