All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Microsoft Project doesn't open file
PostPosted: June 14th, 2016, 14:04 

Hello, I have a user here who cannot open all project files. Upon trying to open it, Project 2007 crashes. When opening it again, the attached screen shot shows up. I have started project first, then removed the file from the disabled items list, and it still crashes. Everyone else is able to open this file. I have saved the file to his desktop, still crashes. I have logged on as myself on his computer, still crashes. I uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection, still crashes. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, then reinstalled Project, still crashes. I updated the rest of his Office suite to 2007, with service pack 2, still crashes. I installed service pack 2 for Project, still crashes. I have run Microsoft diagnostics, but it doesnt find anything. So I have not been able to figure this out, and I have run out of ideas. I want to avoid as much as possible a full rebuild on this machine because of all the user settings and software that he has installed on this. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what might be causing this to crash? Thank you!

Attachments:
MSProjectErrorQ8.JPG
MSProjectErrorQ8.JPG [ 19.84 KiB | Viewed 21366 times ]

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Project doesn't open file
PostPosted: June 15th, 2016, 18:51 

Check for virus ?
Clear all the windows temp files ( by hand, if possible ). Also, clear all browser caches.

Have you tried changing the name of the file to something simple ( 8.3 format ) .
Tried booting in safe mode and opening the file ? A chkdsk in the drive could help, at least to push disk problems to the end of the list.