All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DFL SRP users Do you advice to buy
PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 7:14 

Hi.
I am MRT user. Today I saw a second hand DFL SRP (bought 4 year ago but not used much he said.) Price very nice

Asking to DFL Users do you advice to buy DFL SRP . Is there annual payement when using or upgrade price?

I have send email to Dolphindatalab also. Waiting answer from them.

Post subject: Re: DFL SRP users Do you advice to buy
PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 8:32 

I've been very satisfied with my DFL SRP. To transfer the license so you can access their user forum and receive updates and support costs $200, IIRC. Once you buy the SRP, there are no further costs other than the $200/$300 renewal of the support/update fee after 2 or 3 years. (I forget the details because I haven't had to renew it yet). Their forum is not as active as it used to be since they lost one of their top engineers/techs (Liam). Nevertheless, they have a good collection of tutorial videos and documents on their users resource server. You probably won't need them as much since you are not a rank beginner. The tool has paid for itself many times over.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 13:17 

Thanks for details.
If I don't want to update now, could I use it now. I would get forum I'd s etc from seller

PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 14:50 

yes. DFL is very good and powerfull tool. user friend interfaces. also they have very good customer care service.
there are lots of video tutorials in youtube.

they offer 1 year warranty with free updates. after one year, you have to pay 200usd as a annual fee (with latest updates.)

PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 22:13 

HddDonorMarket wrote:
Thanks for details.
If I don't want to update now, could I use it now. I would get forum I'd s etc from seller

Yes, you can use it with the DAT file the current licensed user uses. You can also log into the DFL users forum and resources server with the seller's credentials.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2019, 22:21 

Dananjaya wrote:
they offer 1 year warranty with free updates. after one year, you have to pay 200usd as a annual fee (with latest updates.)

Hi Danajaya! I didn't realize they shortened it to 1 year. My entitlement was for 3 years (which have not yet passed) so they must have changed that recently. Every time I upgraded (STII and WDII to FRP, FRP to SRP) the 3 year period started over. I am not aware of a need to pay an annual fee just to keep using the tools. The fee is to entitle the user to receive program updates, access the user forum and resources server, as far as I know.

@HddDonorMarket, there is also the financing program they offer (similar to MRT) that lets you buy the hardware and pay a periodic fee to use it for another month or something. I would want to verify that the tool being purchased is a fully paid-up tool, not one that requires "recharging."

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 5:28 

hi larry.

i checked with stanley.
this is the conclution

if you are buying new tool they offer one year hardware warranty and two year software upgrade.
after 2 year its 200usd each year for software update.

hi. hdddonor

if you are need more info you can contact Mr. stanley morgan. he is the CEO of DFL. he is very kind and supportive person.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 8:17 

Thanks for that information, Dananjaya. The $200 per year will still be money well spent, for sure.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 9:21 

Dolphin says

Quote:

Hı. ...
Thanks for your email. I am afraid there is no tech support and software update for second hand users or users who do not purchase the tool from the authorized channel. For the details of puchase policy, you can see it here:
https://www.dolphindatalab.com/purchasi ... ery-tools/

WHY !!!

Big Surprised for me.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 11:45 

Wow, I'm disappointed to read that! That pretty well kills the resale value of every DFL tool. :( I think I've read that MRT has a similar policy and of course ACE don't allow resale at all. Still a disappointment.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 12:53 

@ hdddonormarket

i think best thing you goto new pci4x tool. it has recharge system. it is worth. you will have one year warranty and two year software warranty. beside pci4x is very good and fast tool.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 12:53 

sorry for dobble

PostPosted: March 21st, 2019, 14:50 

Dananjaya wrote:
@ hdddonormarket

i think best thing you goto new pci4x tool. it has recharge system. it is worth. you will have one year warranty and two year software warranty. beside pci4x is very good and fast tool.

Money problem.
I cannot buy new one now.

If I buy new one , I do prefer PCI4x product. It's very fast I know

PostPosted: March 27th, 2019, 9:55 

LarrySabo wrote:
Wow, I'm disappointed to read that! That pretty well kills the resale value of every DFL tool. :( I think I've read that MRT has a similar policy and of course ACE don't allow resale at all. Still a disappointment.

That's bad!, Very bad.
Yes I saw mrt the same.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2019, 19:41 

Don't sell the tool. Lease it instead.

For example, the lessee ("buyer") might pay an up-front, non-refundable deposit ("purchase price") plus an ongoing rental fee of $1 per annum.

If they want to play games, then so can you.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2019, 19:49 

The DFL license agreement, says...
Quote:
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED ABOVE, CUSTOMER SHALL NOT: COPY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION; MODIFY THE SOFTWARE; REVERSE COMPILE OR REVERSE ASSEMBLE ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE; OR RENT, LEASE, DISTRIBUTE, SELL, OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF THE SOFTWARE;

PostPosted: March 29th, 2019, 15:13 

HddDonorMarket wrote:
Dolphin says
Quote:
Hı. ...
Thanks for your email. I am afraid there is no tech support and software update for second hand users or users who do not purchase the tool from the authorized channel. For the details of puchase policy, you can see it here:

@HddDonorMarket, I asked Stanley Morgan (DFL CEO) about this policy and here's what he had to say:
Quote:
Hello Larry, the new users can use the tools with the previous user' information including forum account, etc
Quote:
Users can get all the support details same as the original user, just need to be using original user's info
Quote:
the new user can give us their email and we will add to subscriber list

I'm not sure which subscriber list he is referring to, possibly notifications of new updates? In any case, the original owner can edit his e-mail address in his DFL user control panel to be that of the new owner. It seems to me the only downside is that the new user will retain the original user's name in the forum and DFL product registration. I still need to clarify whether the license can be transferred, at what cost, and what privileges it brings that are not included in the foregoing. The $200 USD per year to extend support and update rights seems clear enough.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2019, 8:39 

LarrySabo wrote:
HddDonorMarket wrote:
Dolphin says
Quote:
Hı. ...

@HddDonorMarket, I asked Stanley Morgan (DFL CEO) about this policy and here's what he had to say:
Quote:
Hello Larry, the new users can use the tools with the previous user' information including forum account, etc
Quote:
Users can get all the support details same as the original user, just need to be using original user's info
Quote:
the new user can give us their email and we will add to subscriber list

I'm not sure which subscriber list he is referring to, possibly notifications of new updates? In any case, the original owner can edit his e-mail address in his DFL user control panel to be that of the new owner. It seems to me the only downside is that the new user will retain the original user's name in the forum and DFL product registration. I still need to clarify whether the license can be transferred, at what cost, and what privileges it brings that are not included in the foregoing. The $200 USD per year to extend support and update rights seems clear enough.

Thanks for good info. So I want to use DFL

PostPosted: July 11th, 2020, 23:38 

Como instalar uma DFL??

Comprei uma DFL usada eestou com dificuldades em instalar, alguem pode me ajudar??

PostPosted: July 12th, 2020, 8:54 

See my reply in your other thread.