All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DFL-SRP without DFL-URE?
PostPosted: July 19th, 2016, 12:09 

Hi

I am new here.
I am preparing for a DR business and thinking what equipment and tools I will buy.
Probably this is from my lack but I am just wondering if I can start with DFL-SRP (without DFL-URE)? I guess that I can get external hard disks, flash drives connected to DFL-SRP through usb to sata adapters and fix them as I do with DFL-URE ? I have no idea if there is any big difference between DFL-SRP and DFL-URE. Any advice and comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CK

Post subject: Re: DFL-SRP without DFL-URE?
PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 22:38 

SRP is enough for starting ur business. the good usb drives that u can directly connect to the pc. and can use the SRP to recover;if the usb drives that have fw issue. just find the compatible pcb to repalce and connect to the SRP. if u have extra money, you can buy URE

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2020, 14:04 

Hello HDD_Jason. Sorry but do you mean that DFL SRP can handle drives not connected directly to it, as long as it is connected via USB to the same PC? Something like this picture?

Attachments:
DFL SRP.jpg
DFL SRP.jpg [ 79.39 KiB | Viewed 30392 times ]

PostPosted: August 4th, 2020, 8:39 

@bledaone, the message you replied to is 4 years old! However, yes, SRP can work on USB drives connected to a PC that SRP is also connected to -- if the USB drive is detected and doesn't cause Windows to freeze. If it is unstable, it would be best to transfer the USB drive's ROM to a compatible SATA PCB and fix firmware issues and clone the drive. The clone will likely be encrypted but the SRP can usually decrypt it directly.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2020, 6:21 

LarrySabo wrote:
@bledaone, the message you replied to is 4 years old! However, yes, SRP can work on USB drives connected to a PC that SRP is also connected to -- if the USB drive is detected and doesn't cause Windows to freeze. If it is unstable, it would be best to transfer the USB drive's ROM to a compatible SATA PCB and fix firmware issues and clone the drive. The clone will likely be encrypted but the SRP can usually decrypt it directly.

Yes, because I just researched Deepspar USB Stabilizer and found your post in your blog recently, hehe. This answer clears my doubt, thanks a lot, Larry :)