All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Encrypted emmc
PostPosted: June 4th, 2019, 12:39 

While I am waiting for Rusolut equipment, I use Easy Jtag. Several times I came across chips, the data from which I can not read: full disc encrypted. Does Rusolut have a solution this problem? It's emmc chips BGA 153 from LG Nexus 5X, some chip from Nokia 5.

Post subject: Re: Encrypted emmc
PostPosted: June 6th, 2019, 8:14 

Well, I think Rusolut haven't a solution to recover data from Android disc encryption. When the user makes a password on Android phone, VNR can't recovery data from emmc chip. So it's useless for smartphones ?

PostPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:17 

sudoer wrote:
Well, I think Rusolut haven't a solution to recover data from Android disc encryption. When the user makes a password on Android phone, VNR can't recovery data from emmc chip. So it's useless for smartphones ?

First of all:

1) It doesn't matter if there is password on an android phone, if you are attempting chip-off.

2) Encryption is based on two types on android phones: a) Filesystem Encryption, b) User Partition Encryption.

3) Android Phones have multiple encryption method depends on its model and cpu configuration. As of now Qualcomm is the worst part.

4) If it is the file system encryption, you can extract the data in RAW Format. If it is the user partition encryption, than it is hard to deal with.

5) There are few other forensic tools which can deal with user partition encryption, but not all phones.

6) But as you learn about rusolut tool slowly, you will know its real value.

7) I think i have almost solved my 90% chip-off cases with VNR.

Thank you, hope you got something

PostPosted: December 18th, 2019, 11:44 

shubhsinghal wrote:
sudoer wrote:

First of all:

1) It doesn't matter if there is password on an android phone, if you are attempting chip-off.

2) Encryption is based on two types on android phones: a) Filesystem Encryption, b) User Partition Encryption.

3) Android Phones have multiple encryption method depends on its model and cpu configuration. As of now Qualcomm is the worst part.

4) If it is the file system encryption, you can extract the data in RAW Format. If it is the user partition encryption, than it is hard to deal with.

5) There are few other forensic tools which can deal with user partition encryption, but not all phones.

6) But as you learn about rusolut tool slowly, you will know its real value.

7) I think i have almost solved my 90% chip-off cases with VNR.

Thank you, hope you got something

Well,
did you go for thier training ? . Even sandisk with videos and you get full file system ,This is definately not possible in VNR ,I have never seen a single bloody case solved of sandisk by them were they could get the file system seriously

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: January 8th, 2020, 6:17 

Yes, you are right. It's very difficult to get File System in SanDisk case but not impossible. i will not say its possible in every case but yeah i have solved few ones with the help and guidance of rusolut team.