Switch to full style
Discussions related to Visual NAND Reconstructor tool
Post a reply

Documentation Update - Were Is IT ?

August 25th, 2019, 6:15

Hello Rusolut Guys ,
Wake Up Its Mid 2019 crossed and we have the old manuals , no documentation updates ,Only focus on training and training and nothing else

Re: Documentation Update - Were Is IT ?

September 3rd, 2019, 12:46

bump bump

October 24th, 2019, 6:35

In my opinion, the biggest drawback of the software is the lack of an internal reference manual. Even DMDE has a full manual from within the program, and that's a $20 software. VNR starter kit is €1970 and does not provide in-software manuals, and the only written manual is from 2014. I think that's quite sad for a tool at this price level.

Don't get me wrong here; I have attended the basic training and learned a /lot/ from it, but since I don't work in VNR on a daily basis the details of the software is diminished over time, eventually leading to a point where everything is gone. If there was an in-software reference manual (like pressing F1 to get a tip of the button X) everything would be so much easier to be kept alive and fresh. Paying for a training class once or twice a year is really no option, or even a possibility, for a small company like mine.

October 28th, 2019, 8:53

Hi guys,
Sorry for such a delay,
We have just opened a Knowledge Base in Help Center (click here) for users (and not) and going to fullfill it with articles.
There are plenty of areas where it's easy and efficient to make a manual inside software (where information is static and doesn't change for years), but we believe for such a dynamic field online articles is the best way to quickly share information with users. We're moving/updating several old articles from website as well as creating new ones (Chip reading process, block extraction, Banks)

October 29th, 2019, 7:34

If someone has suggestion on one or several next topics we should cover please drop it here.

October 29th, 2019, 8:24

Sasha Sheremetov wrote:If someone has suggestion on one or several next topics we should cover please drop it here.

Sasha, an example of how to use "Bad column remover" would be nice.

October 29th, 2019, 10:06

digisupport wrote:
Sasha Sheremetov wrote:If someone has suggestion on one or several next topics we should cover please drop it here.

Sasha, an example of how to use "Bad column remover" would be nice.

https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37307

December 13th, 2019, 6:03

We have just published a new article about ECC autodetection and manual ECC creation for unsupported devices. Click here

Also there's a new video on youtube about new VNR feature - XOR analyzer. Click here
Post a reply