All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Memory configuration
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2020, 9:42 

Hello every one?

I am working with a compact flash, wich controller is a sm2236g-ac and 2 nand flash memorys of 8GB.

The vnr dont have the configuration for the memorys, the part number is 029f64g08aecdbj4 and the id is 2C44403CA5.

I could make some progress with the configuration, in the vnr i set a page size of 17632, block size of 256 page per block (size in bytes of 4513792) and the plane size of 2048 (size in bytes of 9244246016). Both page size and plane size set the same value to nominal and real. In plane and crytal i set 1.

With this configuration the first half of the dump have data and the second half is empty.

After this i try to read with this settings:

page size of 17632
block size of 256 page per block (size in bytes of 4513792) the same value in nominal and real
In nominal i set a plane size of 2048 (size in bytes of 9244246016) and in real i set a plane size of 1024 (size in bytes of 4622123008)
plane 2
crystal 1

This time all dump have data, but after i find the xor key and search the file system is like with this configuration in the reading process blocks were repeated.
I tell how I came to that conclusion, I found the LBN and with the markers table sorter all the blocks, observe that the LBN always repeated 2 times, measured the distance between the repeated blocks, on pages, and it is always half of the dump

I clarify that I tried several combinations of vsp signal

I dont have technical support this moment, anyone who can give me a hint i am very grateful.

thanks very much

Attachments:
table.png
table.png [ 39.45 KiB | Viewed 23342 times ]
dump image.jpg
dump image.jpg [ 733.84 KiB | Viewed 23342 times ]

Post subject: Re: Memory configuration
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2020, 21:38 

Hi, these nearly always start with join by page. and have 1 or more join by blocks after.

Also, see how the LBN is repeated, but addresses are high and low on each LBN?

I haven't had a software license for a while, so I cant test and help people by following along anymore, but IIRC last time I had this it was due to Banks. The low address is Bank 0 and High is Bank 1 (see pic)

this is all from memory. so hopefully I am not leading you astray!

Attachment:
table.png
table.png [ 32.33 KiB | Viewed 23326 times ]

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2020, 22:24 

forgot to say I think I had to add the banks into the data scheme chip-->banks-->etc etc but cant remember specifics

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2020, 2:56 

This controller use always Join by page - 8 byte (Unite, Area size: 8).

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2020, 12:06 

Thanks everyone for answering

I belive the problem is that i am not configuring the memory well, thats why i am getting repeated blocks.
I dont think its a matter of the memory being divided by banks, because its very weird all repeated banks have the same distance and the data is the same in the repeated blocks.

I believe i didnt configure the planes of memory correctly, thats why i have repeated blocks.

And i forget to say in the file system search i dont find part of the fat table, i belive before Join by page by 8 byte i must to do a pair operation in the dump, and i am not reading this missing part

Sorry if i dont express myself correctly

thanks in advance.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2020, 16:59 

First join by page 8, than try find FAT. Before join you don't find. Of cours it must be correct order.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2020, 13:28 

Hello,
please post screenshot of ID reading window, and let know package of memory chips. Also please confirm that EACH chip is 8 Gbs.
And describe how "empty half" of the dump did look with first configuration.
Thank you.