All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Experiments - WD Green SSD Sandisk 20-82-000496-2 Recovery
PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 6:44 

Hello Friends ,
Working on These SSD Is Not easy ,As far as i know Arvika , Melvin have worked on some cases .Here is melvins video that he made in his native language -> https://youtu.be/QYfeD9TcQyA . I would like to ask you what are your final thoughts on VNR Vs FE . I could not understand the dialect .

SG Data " Video "
In This video melvin has a Different ID NAND ,In My Case i Have " 45489AB37E6B081E " . The Readretry he uses is RR-13 ,I wonder how you figured that out melvin that you needed RR-13 .I have tried one pass of RR-17 that the tool suggested for my case and final result was a lot of corrections but not even remotely close to the percentage of corrections you had .I have a Image to proof Rusolut Tool Gives Wrong Statistics In Every Readretry Pass ,Here Watch This Please

Attachment:
IMG_20230617_214317614_HD-II.jpg
IMG_20230617_214317614_HD-II.jpg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 8433 times ]

In This In the first pass Non Corrected Pages Are 4331421 , So how come in the second pass Non corrected Pages are 5205276 when 313321 are already corrected .I hope Rusolut engineers work on the tool ,by releasing a new update .

My Exeriements :
@ Read NAND U5 With 3.3 Volts VCC and 3.0 Volts VCCQ " Chip does not work with VCCq @ 3.3Volts
@ Reduced Voltage to 3.3 Volts VCC and 1.8v VCCQ as per a chip config i saw in VNR NAND Database "Read Speed Was High "
@ Done 2 Passes of Readretry RR-17 with absolutely Horrible results .

@ Read U6 With VCC 3.3 And VCCQ 1.8 at low speed " ECC correction going on on another system and Reading U8 On Main System with same parameters .

PS :
Tool Hangs If we select Internal GPU in two of my Laptops With Ryzen 4800 and 1650 GPU And Ryzen 7735 With 3050 GPU .Works if External GPU is selected , Tool Crashes again and again when GPU's are selected ,Its a Pain In The A** . In The new laptop i purchased tool even crashed if correct dump "GPU" is selected, forcing me to use only CPU mode for these 128GB NAND Chips Damn . Also melvin i see you use a BGA 152 adapter is that a rusolut adapter you are using ,Can some of you folks share your rusolut Zif adapters photos

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Experiments - WD Green SSD Sandisk 20-82-000496-2 Recove
PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 8:00 

Show your reading settings

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 8:04 

melvin wrote:
Show your reading settings

Hi,
You Mean NAND config or Readretry Settings

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 8:26 

NAND reading settings

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 8:52 

melvin wrote:
NAND reading settings

Alright ,
Here you go Its a BGA 132 .

Attachment:
IMG_20230618_182039677_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230618_182039677_HDR.jpg [ 1.82 MiB | Viewed 8409 times ]

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 10:11 

Did you check with Rusolut if your config is right? If it's not, ECC will not work properly. Yes, there is still problem with their maps. You can reread dumps few times and still get correctable ones. I already wrote to the support that amount of uncorrected pages can be different in every pass.
As for GPU first option - CUDA should work fine. It cannot be used when CPU is selected.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:11 

melvin wrote:
Did you check with Rusolut if your config is right? If it's not, ECC will not work properly. Yes, there is still problem with their maps. You can reread dumps few times and still get correctable ones. I already wrote to the support that amount of uncorrected pages can be different in every pass.
As for GPU first option - CUDA should work fine. It cannot be used when CPU is selected.

Yes ,
Even Arvika Told Me That Sandisk_BGA132 Config is correct for this one ,Alexy Taran Did check the case by connecting to system also .The problems with maps are simple to correct " they just need to improve their maths " Lol . These Simple Coding issues should be solved ASAP .As far as GPU is concerned Why Do they even have a option of using CPU " Internal GPU" if the tool will just hang ,Not only this just by pressing the ICON element Correct Dump " GPU" On a Windows 11 PC On My New Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 7 7735HS Laptop The Software behaves like this "Crashes " ,Also can you explain please what were your demonstrating in the VNR vs FE Video With Sandisk SSD Controllers .

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:38 

I was comparing both tools and how they solve Sandisk based SSDs in this video.
Don't know why you have so many options in GPU but i think there may be a problem with drivers. Also having two GPUs might not be the best option. You can always ask Rusolut why RR doesn't work good in your case. Might be that chips were overheated or just in bad condition. Check in FE.
Also i use GPU only for correction. Reread only on CPU.

You can always use FE and it's ready solution. Read one chip, find proper RR, read all memories few times with different RR, ECC combine and save the image.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:45 

melvin wrote:
Don't know why you have so many options in GPU but i think there may be a problem with drivers. Also having two GPUs might not be the best option. You can always ask Rusolut why RR doesn't work good in your case. Might be that chips were overheated or just in bad condition. Check in FE.

You can always use FE and it's ready solution. Read one chip, find proper RR, read all memories few times with different RR, ECC combine and save the image.

Well,
I was not able to remove the chips with my hot air station initially ,Then i posted in a facebook group about this issue ,The thing i noted is that my hot air was not capable enough ,But i had been removing BGA chips with same setup since donkey ages ,Then i migrated to Quick 713 3 in 1 Station and Removed these chips ,They did not come off easily ,But then if that was the case "I overheated the chips " I cannot overheat all ,Could be 1 from the lot of 4 .Well I need to show them the issue ,Imagine if a guy has a system with just internal GPU ,Then he cannot use it ,he should be able to use it IMHO

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:53 

melvin wrote:

Well,
Why do you use GPU in Correction only and Not In RR ?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:54 

support.rusolut.com/portal/en/kb/articles/why-should-you-throw-away-your-hot-air-station-for-unsoldering

If you had problem removing one, you probably did the same with all chips. I'm not saying you damaged them, but constant heating is not good.
Internal GPU should work too. Don't know why you have two, and at least three drivers.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 12:58 

melvin wrote:
support.rusolut.com/portal/en/kb/articles/why-should-you-throw-away-your-hot-air-station-for-unsoldering

If you had problem removing one, you probably did the same with all chips. I'm not saying you damaged them, but constant heating is not good.
Internal GPU should work too. Don't know why you have two, and at least three drivers.

Well,
Long Time Back i had a IR ,That Generated So much of heat in no time that the chips used to blast ,Literally .I have a Powerful Laptop ,A Laptop Will Have Internal And External GPU .What do you use ,I see you use a hot air with the front nozzle removed .

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 13:54 

Yes, i use hotair so far but i remove chips in less than 20 seconds in most of cases with 300-320 Celsius with good flux.
If your chips blasted than you did something really wrong. They should be heated slowly with IR. The point is that IR heats metal pads much faster so you don't need to heat the whole chip for a long time.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 16:37 

This chips mostly need one read with correct settings to get good ECC, sometimes need two pass. And several passes if I get already desoldered chip by someone else. Overheat have big influence to quality. If you use hotair like PT, Ayoue or similar class, better use it for heat shrinks, not for desoldering chips, because overheat is very high possible.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 23:07 

melvin wrote:
Yes, i use hotair so far but i remove chips in less than 20 seconds in most of cases with 300-320 Celsius with good flux.
If your chips blasted than you did something really wrong. They should be heated slowly with IR. The point is that IR heats metal pads much faster so you don't need to heat the whole chip for a long time.

Well,
The Quick Soldering Products i use for this is in the league of weller , goot ,hakko etc . This is The Link To The Station -> https://quick-global.eu/product/quick-7 ... -iron-90w/ . The Flux i Use is what erikin also uses MG Chemicals .Well if i donate that IR that i had purchased long time back and discarded i am sure you will also blast the chips ,Might be that IR was not the IR Rusolut was mentioning ,I do have a Jovy RE-7500 BGA Rework station ,That i think i need to take out now for such cases ,These SSD have a Large ground base and the 4 sides of the BGA 132 really gets stuck to PCB Due to ground plane .I have had Electronics As a Hobby since my class 3rd and have done lots of soldering and desoldering till this age of 47 years .But i am always here for improvement

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 23:17 

arvika wrote:
This chips mostly need one read with correct settings to get good ECC, sometimes need two pass. And several passes if I get already desoldered chip by someone else. Overheat have big influence to quality. If you use hotair like PT, Ayoue or similar class, better use it for heat shrinks, not for desoldering chips, because overheat is very high possible.

Well,
Rusolut did not have the NAND ID in its database ,I wonder how they prepare a RR for such cases and NAND's .How can a vendor define a RR without actually having a chip in for R&D . I do not have FE Just Rusolut And PC3K Flash That i do not use anymore .I would be Updating PC3K also When i Have The Funds "I am on Version 7.4 " . Rusolut i Have Latest Ver 7.3 . FE i Am Considering To Buy Now But development has closed and soon new and latest things will come and there will be noting that tool could do ,I am not a FE User but this is what i think correct me please if you want to .In total i have 2 current cases and 8 chips that i desoldered ,If all the chips behave similar i am sure its not me but this Tool that cannot correct chips with its RR-17 .I have dump correction going on on 2 BGA's in first case and 1 chip was read and RR was applied result was bad for that chip .I wanna try this on all 4 chips and come to a conclusion .Both r you are my seniors in this and i really appreciate the help i receive .I am ready to go all the length it takes and the effort it takes to solve these cases .

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 23:23 

Well,
i had a similar experience with this -> https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40000

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 23:24 

Buy a new SSD, desolder the chips and check how good/bad the read is. It will tell you everything. You can also check on live view with XOR and ECC connected to get the best reading settings so there are not that many corrections needed.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2023, 11:10 

melvin wrote:
Buy a new SSD, desolder the chips and check how good/bad the read is. It will tell you everything. You can also check on live view with XOR and ECC connected to get the best reading settings so there are not that many corrections needed.

Well,
Live View of ECC is useless in these chips , Other then the start rest is all RED ,If NAND was coked up everything would be red "Uncorrectable" With Its Own ECC .Yes i Have ordered a new SSD Lets see if the SSD i recieve has the same Controller ,I ordered 480GB :mrgreen: .What are the voltage settings u used to read chip initially ,And when you were applying RR did you change the Voltages ,Also what Speed Did you Read Memoy "High , Medium or Low " .

PostPosted: June 19th, 2023, 12:44 

I meant visual inspection, not checking ECC map. It's not true that if NAND is overheated all pages would be red.
I think i've red them with 3,3V VCC and VCCq. Speed high. RR worked so good that i didn't change enything. And you can see how bad it was before. Was ECC also checked and confirmed?