All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is it possible to use as standalone hardware?
PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 18:03 

Hi,

Is it possible to use the PCIe card to preview drives without the monthly payment for license?
Just wanted to use it to connect IDE drives and visualize them in DMDE

I find MRT atrocious and refuse to keep paying for it.

thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use as standalone hardware?
PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 22:06 

speakerbox wrote:
Is it possible to use the PCIe card to preview drives without the monthly payment for license? ...

Monthly License Payment? You've probably split your purchase into 24 months (which other manufacturer does this?)... You're paying for the product you're using.

Anyway, I have an MRT Express with an expired license (transferred to an MRT ULTRA in an upgrade) and I managed to get it to work with Victoria. I don't know if DMDE is flexible with port settings, but it will be difficult to get to the IDE settings...

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2021, 6:39 

vx1 wrote:
speakerbox wrote:
Is it possible to use the PCIe card to preview drives without the monthly payment for license? ...

Monthly License Payment? You've probably split your purchase into 24 months (which other manufacturer does this?)... You're paying for the product you're using.

Anyway, I have an MRT Express with an expired license (transferred to an MRT ULTRA in an upgrade) and I managed to get it to work with Victoria. I don't know if DMDE is flexible with port settings, but it will be difficult to get to the IDE settings...

Yes I have the 24 month purchase, with down payment of 350 first if I remember correctly.
I would understand what you say if I used their software, but I dont want it. And even the PCIE PCB assembly is not even worth 50€.
Just wanted to know if I could use the hardware with anything else instead of having to pay still for it.
And lets be honest, support is useless with these people. Better invest in PC3000.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2021, 10:52 

You are hiding the information that in addition to the hardware, you have received the full "license" to operate for 30 days! So it's not just the PCIe PCB 50€ you get...

And answering your question, yes, you can use it for Victoria, Sediv, ... and everything you can configure the port settings...

PostPosted: October 13th, 2021, 12:22 

People are asking me how I made it work. Just use Victoria to do a PCI SCAN with All Dev selected and find the address. In my case CF00.