Switch to full style
General discussions, chit-chat
Post a reply

Multiple Pattern finder

January 22nd, 2020, 2:43

Hello guys,,,

I was wondering if anyone knows any application where i can Search for Multiple Patterns (Strings) at once?

We can do once-by-one but am looking for something which applies Multiple Inputs at once...

Thank you

Re: Multiple Pattern finder

January 22nd, 2020, 9:44

I would use Python.

you can do something like multiple raw inputs:

x, y = raw_input(), raw_input()

or maybe better, x, y = raw_input().split()

split() needs a separator, but default is space.

then just build out your search functions.

January 23rd, 2020, 2:23

HaQue wrote:I would use Python.

you can do something like multiple raw inputs:

x, y = raw_input(), raw_input()

or maybe better, x, y = raw_input().split()

split() needs a separator, but default is space.

then just build out your search functions.

hehe Thnx for this, but i was thinking maybe someone thought about this and made a GUI tool for it i was doing some little research and this question came to my mind to save my time

Thnx again

January 23rd, 2020, 5:28

if you are searching binary files you might even be able to use regular tools you already have, and use Regular Expressions. I would be surprised if R-studio or winhex didn't support them. They are very powerful.

there are many regex tools on the web and you should be able to build a small cheat sheet for your own use.

there are tools to build them like http://buildregex.com/

regex.GIF

January 23rd, 2020, 5:36

HaQue wrote:if you are searching binary files you might even be able to use regular tools you already have, and use Regular Expressions. I would be surprised if R-studio or winhex didn't support them. They are very powerful.

there are many regex tools on the web and you should be able to build a small cheat sheet for your own use.

there are tools to build them like http://buildregex.com/

regex.GIF

Humm, Interesting, never thought that this might work with Winhex,,,, probably should give it a shot...

Thank you :wink:
Post a reply