Switch to full style
General discussions, chit-chat
Post a reply

WD My Cloud Home Due - The ugly storage

January 13th, 2020, 9:38

Well, i guess most of you know know this storage and in order to use it you must:

1- Be Online
2- Register your product @WD
3- Activate & MAP your unit to the network

(probably whoever came with this silly idea been kicked out by now)

The problem is when you have a bad DB (SQLlite) file which stores all of those info/data
thats why this storage is too damn slow in transfer
Attachments
00- structure.png
01- sample_file.png
02-db_damaged.png
03-new-hdd_added.png
04-byclient.png
05-db_Belkasoft.png
06-db_Belkasoft.png
07-PA1.png
08-PA2-geo.png

Re: WD My Cloud Home Due - The ugly storage

January 15th, 2020, 11:32

Sir ,
I highly recommend the EX4100 Driveless NAS and you install your own drives ,That is built like a tank ,Construction wise very good ,Your one has a totally different issue but EX4100 is very good NAS By WDC ,So Have you managed to recover this ,Was the DB file any use in recovery or you used it as a experiment

January 16th, 2020, 3:27

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Sir ,
I highly recommend the EX4100 Driveless NAS and you install your own drives ,That is built like a tank ,Construction wise very good ,Your one has a totally different issue but EX4100 is very good NAS By WDC ,So Have you managed to recover this ,Was the DB file any use in recovery or you used it as a experiment

ANY WD storage is USELESS (the LAN types no exception)
WD have no idea about storage not even their silly support this is not their product line

January 17th, 2020, 12:51

einstein9 wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Sir ,

ANY WD storage is USELESS (the LAN types no exception)
WD have no idea about storage not even their silly support this is not their product line

Sir ,
I Use The Ex4100 Day And Night ,At My Home System Were i Do Lots of Work I Find It Very Good ,Do you have real hands on experience with EX4100

February 18th, 2020, 19:44

i wrote a small prog to recover user folder tree from the db of the mycloud...
tell me if you are interested...

pepe

February 20th, 2020, 2:18

pepe wrote:i wrote a small prog to recover user folder tree from the db of the mycloud...
tell me if you are interested...

pepe

Thank you pepe,,, problem solved already

The reason why i posted it here is only to Explain why this My Cloud is so slow,, coz its collecting INFO about your data (for no reason) and sorting it on a DB file
with very LOW profile processor to handle.

:wink:

February 22nd, 2020, 7:57

i wonder why that 'info collecting' is not given less priority...
It could be done after the device has been idle for some minutes and broken as soon as there is user request for data...
pepe

February 23rd, 2020, 2:35

The Question is "Whats the point?" there is no use of the details collection unless for Indexing for faster search results which requires actually a Higher processor

In fact its stupid idea to connect the unit online with private data if the user is Dump, not aware of the security threats and FW update..... etc..

They will stop the production am sure about it (based on the bugs/complains am reading)

:shock:

December 1st, 2020, 9:01

I am having the same issue here it shows like this
https://forum.hddguru.com/download/file.php?id=19490&mode=view

is there any way to recover the user folder tree?

December 1st, 2020, 12:02

LostDataSa wrote:I am having the same issue here it shows like this
https://forum.hddguru.com/download/file.php?id=19490&mode=view

is there any way to recover the user folder tree?

If you are running a relatively new version of UFS Explorer Professional, there should be a context menu to handle it.
Post a reply