Switch to full style
General discussions, chit-chat
Post a reply

Unboxing a WD Elements

March 3rd, 2020, 23:48

I recently purchased a WD Elements. When I was unpacking the box, I was hit by a powerful fragrance. It smelled like air freshener.

I'm familiar with a new car smell, but this was a complete surprise. Maybe there's a psychological aspect to it. :?

Re: Unboxing a WD Elements

March 4th, 2020, 5:48

Or maybe it had been sprayed for coronavirus.

Jokes apart, I've been waiting for a small package from China, it arrived in customs on Feb,11 and its whereabouts is missing ever since.
I called local post and they told me that all packages from China are being collected together and sprayed for coronavirus.
I was surprised because I saw somewhere that the virus dies within a few hours without a host.

March 4th, 2020, 6:03

I was going to say disinfectant as well, but in seriousness. I would think this would smell like disinfectant though.

Coronavirus can live for 2 day up to 9 in right conditions.

It is encouraging to see the serious response to this virus.

Maybe someone worked at apple packaging and couldn't take their IP, so put a new spin on it. By any chance was it packed on Feb 14th? ;-)

March 4th, 2020, 14:42

The smell comes from within WD's box, and only when you open it. The external packaging has no odour.

My goods were delivered through Amazon USA. I did check whether COVID-19 could survive on packaging and was assured that it couldn't. In any case I'll hold off ordering any more goods until the crisis is over.

April 2nd, 2020, 12:13

Frank ,
I too had ordered something from china ,But i think the indian govt might destroy the packages ,But i do not thing virus can remain on the boxes for 15+ days
Post a reply