All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My PayPal Rant
PostPosted: July 24th, 2021, 18:42 

So I have been using PayPal to sell HDDSuperClone. I have a simple licensing server running locally that receives data from PayPal when a purchase is made, process the data and sends out a license. A couple months ago the PayPal server started not accepting my server’s response that it had receive the data. After several support emails, and me providing decrypted packet data proving that nothing was wrong with my server, I got a response that the issue may be related to an internal issue, and I would be contacted when it was resolved. That was a month ago, and no response or fix yet. Everything on my side stayed working, except when PayPal disabled my IPN (Instant Payment Notification) because it thought it wasn’t working. I simply had to turn it back on again.

Fast forward to a few days ago, and something else broke on their end. A few days ago the verification reply from PayPal stopped containing the word “VERIFIED”, which is supposed to be the way to verify that the purchase was legit. I had to disable that part of the verification on my server to continue to serve buyers. WTF PayPal! Get your s#!^ together!

So I am now very much considering finding some other form of online payment for my software. I see that DMDE used PayPro Global. It actually looks like it accepts many more payment options, but I am sure it will cost more. But I think I want to get away from PayPal, and paying a bit more for a better service would be worth it.

Anyone else have any other payment options or suggestions that would serve my purpose? Any option must have an API to send data to my licensing server. Probably the wrong place to ask this, but I needed to rant! FU PayPal!