Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Re: New version of R-Studio

September 19th, 2013, 15:41

It's really better to go to our techsupport with such crashes. Most likely this is because of some peculiarities of the file system on the disk.

September 19th, 2013, 15:43

A new version: automatic RAID parameter recognition for RAIDs 5 and 6, support for parity delay for all applicable RAID levels, and enhanced parity delay controls.

September 21st, 2013, 15:12

Sounds cool!

September 25th, 2013, 15:36

you should add a quick partition search such a testdisk on linux. I had drives that freezes on 98% because of the damage and i can do a little more on testdisk.

September 26th, 2013, 6:30

Alt(R-TT) wrote: automatic RAID parameter recognition for RAIDs 5 and 6,

it identified my HP delayed array as a standard RAID5 with Right Asynchronous party order , but I like the interface and added support it has :)

October 31st, 2013, 13:25

Now R-Studio for Mac and Linux are equal in their features to the Windows version: R-Studio for Mac 4.0.2399 and R-Studio for Linux 3.0.798.

October 31st, 2013, 13:42

Alt(R-TT) wrote:Now R-Studio for Mac and Linux are equal in their features to the Windows version: R-Studio for Mac 4.0.2399 and R-Studio for Linux 3.0.798.

Including DDI communication?

November 4th, 2013, 11:43

lcoughey wrote:
Alt(R-TT) wrote:Now R-Studio for Mac and Linux are equal in their features to the Windows version: R-Studio for Mac 4.0.2399 and R-Studio for Linux 3.0.798.

No, unfortunately. But this is an interesting question: how many professionals will use R-Studio for Linux (or Mac, if its hardware permits) with DDI?

November 4th, 2013, 13:02

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
lcoughey wrote:

No, unfortunately. But this is an interesting question: how many professionals will use R-Studio for Linux (or Mac, if its hardware permits) with DDI?

I can't speak for others, but the idea of running as much as I an from Linux is most appealing. Better memory management, at the very least.

November 21st, 2013, 15:58

Data Recovery from Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) Files using R-Studio.

November 23rd, 2013, 18:16

Data Recovery from Various File Container Formats and Encrypted Disks using R-Studio.

December 4th, 2013, 13:23

A new version of R-Studio with a very interesting and hopefully useful feature: reverse RAIDs. Using this technique, it becomes possible to decompose a single disk object (including an image) into a virtual RAID which reverse parents can be processed like real objects. They can be viewed, edited, imaged, copied to physical drives, etc. This technique also can re-construct data on the real parents of a virtual RAID, on a missing disk, for example. See more about this version.

December 23rd, 2013, 9:06

A new build of R-Studio: Known File Type parsing is improved + some bugfixes. R-Studio 7.1.154569.

December 24th, 2013, 11:23

So much cosmetic improvements, but still no joy with vmfs . :(
Isn't it too complictated for your such great team?

January 22nd, 2014, 14:05

A question: how often have you recently worked with Novell file systems?

January 22nd, 2014, 14:38

Alt(R-TT) wrote:A question: how often have you recently worked with Novell file systems?

It has been years since I last saw a Novell file system for recovery.

January 22nd, 2014, 14:45

Alt(R-TT) wrote:A question: how often have you recently worked with Novell file systems?

Not often, but when they come, it is nice to have good software for it.
I know 1-2 that are ok, but would like to have one more like R-Studio to be able to confirm results.

March 6th, 2014, 16:43

New R-Studio version: SMART monitoring, new GUI languages: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese. Plus many bugfixes.

March 13th, 2014, 14:24

New build: S.M.A.R.T. data for disks on a remote computer.

April 2nd, 2014, 16:12

requests for cosmetic improvements to R-Studio:
- close the preview window (both hex and "native") by ESC button. it'd save alot of time during the file testing. Hex view can not be closed by ESC now.
- add option to go to the parent folder for the file selected from not "real" sorted-by view (like extension or access time)
Post a reply