All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: New version of R-Studio
PostPosted: December 30th, 2019, 15:57 

A new builds for R-Studio for Windows, Mac, and Linux have been released. Support has been added for the compression algorithms lzvn and lzfse used in the new HFS+/APFS versions, plus several bugfixes.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 15:51 

A new version of R-Studio:
New features and improvements:
* Technician: DeepSpar Disk Imager sector status data is also used to estimate the chances of successful file recovery.
* Deleted partitions can be instantly found, without long scan.
* Files can be recovered or marked for recovery directly from File previewer.
* The number of read tries for bad sectors can be changed during a disk operation.
Plus many improvements and bugfixes.

And we're working hard to solve the hardlink issue.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2020, 15:55 

New versions of R-Studio for Linux and R-Studio for Mac. New features have been added: instant detection of deleted partitions, file recovery directly from File viewer, the number of read tries for bad sectors can be changed during a disk operation. Plus many improvements and bugfixes.

And a new build of R-Studio with several improvements and bugfixes.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2020, 15:51 

A new version of R-Studio for Windows has been released.
What's new:
* A complete overhaul of symlink processing. Some very serious bugs have been fixed. New features have been added:
. Folders, which are symbolic links to other folders (targets), can be shown as links, without showing the content of the targets. (Technician version)
. Symbolic links may be hidden by default on the Settings panel (Technician version).
. Symbolic links may be hidden on the File Mask dialog box.

* Virtual objects, like virtual RAIDs and regions, can be connected to the system as read-only virtual drives. Such drives are visible in and accessible to the system and other programs. (Technician version)
I tested this feature with Recovery Explorer and DMDE. Both programs recognized the object created by R-Studio, and were able to work with it.

* Fast search for lost partitions.

* Support for the ISO9660 file system used in CDs/DVDs/ISO images and the UStar/Tar/CPIO/Pax file systems used in tape storage devices has been added (Technician version).

And a lot of improvements and bugfixes.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2021, 16:20 

R-Studio new version (8.16.180499): Several file systems (the main and several reformatted ones) can now be found on one partition, if their traces remain in the boot records. APFS file systems and APFS Fusion Drives can be recognized on a pure hard drive without protective GPT partitions. The program checks that it works with the USB Stabilizer.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2021, 19:00 

"The program checks that it works with the USB Stabilizer"

What does this mean please?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2021, 12:42 

Arch Stanton wrote:

R-Studio experienced some problems when working with the USB Stabilizer. Now it doesn't.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2021, 15:21 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

R-Studio experienced some problems when working with the USB Stabilizer. Now it doesn't.

Aha, thank you! And it actively detects the Stabilizer?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2021, 15:50 

Another good additional to R-Studio is the ability to mount drives.

I had a 2 drive 16TB fire damaged DVR to recover that had no recognizable file system (like most DVRs) so hard to work out the configuration. I imaged the drives and built the RAID 0 in R-Studio, mounted the RAID and then used HXDVR to scan the data. This is a great advantage when you have to use a specific program to scan the built RAID. It means you can experiment with the RAID setup in R-Studio.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2021, 16:54 

A new version of R-Studio for Mac: Native support for Apple silicon and its APFS container layout. Improved interface for latest macOS, and more improvements and bugfixes.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2022, 14:50 

New version of R-Studio.

R-Studio Technician:
+ A new license type T80+. R-Studio T80+ is equal in its features to full-fledged R-Studio Technician, runs for a certain period of time, and during its validity period can be upgraded to R-Studio Technician for the initial price difference. The license price of 1 USD per day is very affordable for small businesses, computer repair shops, and individual data recovery contractors.
+ R-Studio Technician is now available on our public web pages and can be tested in the Demo mode.
+ Native support for data recovery hardware from DeepSpar: USB Stabilizer and RapidSpar. Such support allows the user of R-Studio to control hardware parameters directly from the R-Studio interface and create drive's sector maps to improve multiple data recovery operations.
+ Runtime imaging. R-Studio creates drive images in parallel with other drive reading operations. Next time when R-Studio accesses data from imaged drive areas it gets the data from the runtime image.
+ Multi-pass imaging. Images from problematic drives can be created through several phases reading data from good areas first and from bad and slow areas later. Such approach allows for extracting maximum possible amount of data even from quite faulty drives.
+ Support for sector maps, both in the R-Studio's format and in the third-party software ddrescue and HDDSuperClone formats.
+ I/O Monitor allows the user to inspect read/write operations in real time.

New features:
+ Several disk objects can be opened in one tab. All these objects can be simultaneously searched for files, their files can be marked and recovered.
+ Drive imaging can be interrupted and then resumed. When the user stops an imaging process, they have two options: to discard an already created partial image file or to save it to resume drive imaging later. Created partial images can be loaded, too.
+ Some extended options have been added to the drive operation progress windows. They can be altered on-the-fly.
+ File types can be searched for on the Known File Types dialog box.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2022, 9:07 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
+ Runtime imaging. R-Studio creates drive images in parallel with other drive reading operations. Next time when R-Studio accesses data from imaged drive areas it gets the data from the runtime image.

How does image selected files and folders with this enabled, without having to save them to another location?

PostPosted: February 17th, 2022, 15:12 

lcoughey wrote:
Alt(R-TT) wrote:

How does image selected files and folders with this enabled, without having to save them to another location?

Sorry, I can't exactly understand what are you going to do.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2022, 17:23 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
lcoughey wrote:
Alt(R-TT) wrote:

Sorry, I can't exactly understand what are you going to do.

When we enable runtime imaging to save to a vmdk file, for example. Then we open up the file tree, select Users. How do we tell R-Studio to image the selected folder to the vmdk without having to also save those files to another drive at the same time?

PostPosted: February 18th, 2022, 12:35 

lcoughey wrote:
When we enable runtime imaging to save to a vmdk file, for example. Then we open up the file tree, select Users. How do we tell R-Studio to image the selected folder to the vmdk without having to also save those files to another drive at the same time?

This feature may be implemented, but I don't understand its purpose. It will take time to image the folder and its content, as much as saving the files, and if you go on browsing through the rest of the file system, R-Studio will slow down its performance. BTW, R-Studio immediately copies the file system snapshot to the runtime image target as soon as the partition has been opened.

Maybe, recovering files in steps will be a better option? I mean, you select a folder and start its recovering, then select another folder and add it to the recovery queue, and so on.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2022, 13:31 

Why bother making the runtime image if I have to copy files to another location in order for it to work?

It is exactly what we do as professionals. It works with PC3000 DE, MRT DE, DeepSpar Disk Imager & UFS Explorer.

Perhaps there are others here who are better able to articulate what I'm asking.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2022, 12:21 

lcoughey wrote:
Why bother making the runtime image if I have to copy files to another location in order for it to work?

It is exactly what we do as professionals. It works with PC3000 DE, MRT DE, DeepSpar Disk Imager & UFS Explorer.

Perhaps there are others here who are better able to articulate what I'm asking.

My understanding is that you want to image the required folder(s), disconnect the source drive, and then perform all file recovery operations like search for files, mark them, and recovery from the image. Am I right?

PostPosted: February 21st, 2022, 1:53 

R-studio is evolving day by day and has become most comprehensive software.
However I have few suggestions , addon request.

Bitlocker is major challenge and now a days it comes with each laptop (default enabled without user knowledge and having weak protectors)

R-studio needs to have solution for this critical issue. Software must sense Bitlocker encryption , collect metadata and provoke windows to enter password /key. In case user is not having key it should skip authentication and go ahead with scan. So far UFS explorer has this function (I have heard and have not tested it)
Some minor improvements needed are --

1) specify saved state folder in settings and automatic saving of the same (in case machine restarts accidentally after scanning 10 hours whole process goes waste, automatic backup will be very useful.
2) Automatic isolation of possible corrupt data --

Thanks

PostPosted: February 24th, 2022, 9:51 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
lcoughey wrote:

My understanding is that you want to image the required folder(s), disconnect the source drive, and then perform all file recovery operations like search for files, mark them, and recovery from the image. Am I right?

Sorry...though I had already replied to this. The concept is to replicate the imaging functions of other programs like Data Extractor, DeepSpar Disk Imager with DRE, RapidSpar and UFS Explorer. In all these applications, we select the target files and folders to be imaged and are able to keep re-imaging the bad blocks until we are confident that we have the cleanest recovery possible. Then, with some of them, like DRE, RapidSpar and UFS Explorer, we can generate an HTML report to send to the client before saving the files to another drive.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2022, 10:54 

lcoughey wrote:
Sorry...though I had already replied to this. The concept is to replicate the imaging functions of other programs like Data Extractor, DeepSpar Disk Imager with DRE, RapidSpar and UFS Explorer. In all these applications, we select the target files and folders to be imaged and are able to keep re-imaging the bad blocks until we are confident that we have the cleanest recovery possible. Then, with some of them, like DRE, RapidSpar and UFS Explorer, we can generate an HTML report to send to the client before saving the files to another drive.

Thank you for clarifying the request. I've passed it to our developers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next