All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: New version of UFS Explorer
PostPosted: June 17th, 2020, 7:56 

maximus, Problem solved in version 8.1. Please check and let us know.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2020, 7:58 

What's new in version 8.1:
* Modifications to Disk Imager:
- Option to save defect map and log to 'the same location' when target path is selected;
- Added 'test API call' start stage to make sure API works with specified parameters;
- Pausing imaging process in case of API call errors (when disk is disconnected etc.);
- Read errors from imaging procedure (ATA/SCSI) are now duplicated to main event log;
- Fixed skipping blocks when SCSI layer reports invalid 'resid' value (Linux etc.);
* New functions in procedure of files recovery in 'raw mode' (IntelliRAW):
- DOCX, JPEG, Raw photos - extract file name and modification date from file content;
- XLSX, TIFF - extract file modification date from metadata;
- Added analysis of file tails of ZIP archives when chunk sizes are not enabled;
* Toggle selection of partitions in partition manager;
* Fixed bug reading disks with defect blocks under Linux using 'system procedure'.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2020, 9:22 

Iurii wrote:
What's new in version 8.1:
- Pausing imaging process in case of API call errors (when disk is disconnected etc.);

I need to test to see how UFS responds in this type of scenario. It is not unusual for a dropped drive to come back with a different device path. So, what happens if the source (/dev/sdf) goes offline and comes back as (/dev/sdg)? Will there be a way to simply redefine the source? It would be helpful if UFS would verify that the SN matches the original source before proceeding.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2020, 13:40 

I've confirmed that while it does prompt to continue imaging after the source disappears, it does not compensate for the new drive path. So, you have to close the imaging process, reopen the drive in UFS with the new drive path, restart the imaging process to the same image, map and log file and continue on. It is doable, but not optimal.

The great thing about this new feature of UFS is that the imaging process is fully functional within the free demo. Rather than pay for hddsuperclone and DMDE, you could image a file, folder or used sectors with the UFS Pro Demo...and it works in Linux, Mac OS and Windows. Pony up for the license and then be able to have UFS save the files out, splitting the damaged files into a "!Bad Files" folder

That said, UFS imaging still doesn't have a way to go back and re-read blocks marked as bad. So, ddrescue and hddsuperclone still have the advantage for drives with lots of bad sectors.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2020, 17:48 

Iurii wrote:
maximus, Problem solved in version 8.1. Please check and let us know.

Yes, I confirm the bug is fixed :)
I have removed the video since it is fixed.
Thank you.

I did notice that the Linux Recovery Explorer download has not updated to 8.1 yet, but would guess that is a work in progress, as UFS Explorer updated as expected.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 8:57 

lcoughey wrote:
I've confirmed that while it does prompt to continue imaging after the source disappears, it does not compensate for the new drive path. So, you have to close the imaging process, reopen the drive in UFS with the new drive path, restart the imaging process to the same image, map and log file and continue on. It is doable, but not optimal.

The great thing about this new feature of UFS is that the imaging process is fully functional within the free demo. Rather than pay for hddsuperclone and DMDE, you could image a file, folder or used sectors with the UFS Pro Demo...and it works in Linux, Mac OS and Windows. Pony up for the license and then be able to have UFS save the files out, splitting the damaged files into a "!Bad Files" folder

That said, UFS imaging still doesn't have a way to go back and re-read blocks marked as bad. So, ddrescue and hddsuperclone still have the advantage for drives with lots of bad sectors.

Luke ,
Are You Comparing UFS-Explorer To hddsuperclone ? For Cloning :shock:

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 12:15 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:

Why not? UFS made a great jump with clonning bad drives, for the SAS/SCSI drives you already dont need a pc3k-DE sas version for that.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 12:55 

DR-Kiev wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:

Why not? UFS made a great jump with clonning bad drives, for the SAS/SCSI drives you already dont need a pc3k-DE sas version for that.

Really ,
Have you played around with HDDSuperClone ? . Do you know what it can do and do you know all the parameters and tweaks it can play around with .You Seriously need to spend time with hddsuperclone ,HDDsuperclone works direct with drives too ,Does UFS Explorer do that ,It goes via OS ,HDDSuperclone Does That and More and So Much More ,SCSI/SAS Support Is Already in HDDsuperclone ,You need to see some example -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXfHI8 ... QTQ/videos

Maximus " Your Interest Should Be to Enhance your tool ,show them in your thread ,why hddsuperclone is a real superclone .What will you gain by solving bugs of this tool ? . Nothing .I have tonns of drives that are solved ,you should work with me and improve this even further ,Over and out .DR Kiev : For that matter we need no tool to do anything ,When why do we all have them "Its to simplify work and make money " . The sysdev team is a set of brilliant programmers ,you are saying its a great tool with bad sectors ,So common proof it ,Lets see some videos

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 16:30 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:

Really ,
Have you played around with HDDSuperClone ? . Do you know what it can do and do you know all the parameters and tweaks it can play around with .You Seriously need to spend time with hddsuperclone ,HDDsuperclone works direct with drives too ,Does UFS Explorer do that ,It goes via OS ,HDDSuperclone Does That and More and So Much More ,SCSI/SAS Support Is Already in HDDsuperclone ,You need to see some example -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXfHI8 ... QTQ/videos

Maximus " Your Interest Should Be to Enhance your tool ,show them in your thread ,why hddsuperclone is a real superclone .What will you gain by solving bugs of this tool ? . Nothing .I have tonns of drives that are solved ,you should work with me and improve this even further ,Over and out .DR Kiev : For that matter we need no tool to do anything ,When why do we all have them "Its to simplify work and make money " . The sysdev team is a set of brilliant programmers ,you are saying its a great tool with bad sectors ,So common proof it ,Lets see some videos

I dont have anything against HDDsuperClone but i have something against your knowlege about Ufs Pro . Yes it does, you can read/image drives not just simply using OS API procedure, but to chose different ways, like ATA direct or SCSI commands for SAS/SCSI drives, and other usefull features which you missed, probably, also.

Attachments:
features.JPG
features.JPG [ 65.47 KiB | Viewed 151212 times ]

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 16:39 

michael chiklis wrote:
Wooow, seem to be very promising this update.
Very good job :wink:

Unfortunately i don't have Deepspar but i own MRT which all we hate due the way how File Explorer behavies when extracting files.
MRT can't separate properly BAD files from GOOD files becuse it drops the bads one all in single folder (without original folder structure).
This means that many files get renamed, so is near to impossible (very difficult) understanding from which folders are those coming from.

Is UFS able to separate good files from bad files and drop them in a folder (ex called DAMAGED) with original folder structure of source drive?
Will in future UFS support MRT as Deepspar?

MRT staff doesn't want to listen their customer, they will never fix this and other heavy bugs, especially in File Explorer.
It is very annoing that we can't generate a proper list of bad files to send to ours customer, maybe UFS staff can overcome easily to this very annoing mrt shortcoming.
I hope so :)

Good news for you, MRT tool full support in UFS Pro already exist, in beta version. Same like for DeepSpar. Will come in next update (probably week or so) ;)

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 16:48 

DR-Kiev wrote:
Good news for you, MRT tool full support in UFS Pro already exist, in beta version. Same like for DeepSpar. Will come in next update (probably week or so) ;)

It works really well. I hope to throw a blog or video together tomorrow showing it in action.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 17:15 

lcoughey wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:

It works really well. I hope to throw a blog or video together tomorrow showing it in action.
:good:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 17:49 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
Maximus " Your Interest Should Be to Enhance your tool ,show them in your thread ,why hddsuperclone is a real superclone .What will you gain by solving bugs of this tool ? . Nothing .I have tonns of drives that are solved ,you should work with me and improve this even further ,Over and out .

I am not trying to compete with UFS Explorer. I am trying to see how well of a compliment it could be when used through HDDSuperClone. I have been unable to do that because of the bug, and I finally found the time to figure out what was happening and report it.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2020, 10:22 

How does UFS Explorer compare with DMDE when used with HDDSuperClone Pro? I think UFS is out of my price range but it would be nice to now how it stacks up..

PostPosted: June 19th, 2020, 10:26 

alfarom wrote:
How does UFS Explorer compare with DMDE when used with HDDSuperClone Pro? I think UFS is out of my price range but it would be nice to now how it stacks up..

The imaging functions of UFS are fully working within the free demo.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2020, 20:45 

DR-Kiev wrote:
michael chiklis wrote:
Wooow, seem to be very promising this update.
Very good job :wink:

Unfortunately i don't have Deepspar but i own MRT which all we hate due the way how File Explorer behavies when extracting files.
MRT can't separate properly BAD files from GOOD files becuse it drops the bads one all in single folder (without original folder structure).
This means that many files get renamed, so is near to impossible (very difficult) understanding from which folders are those coming from.

Is UFS able to separate good files from bad files and drop them in a folder (ex called DAMAGED) with original folder structure of source drive?
Will in future UFS support MRT as Deepspar?

MRT staff doesn't want to listen their customer, they will never fix this and other heavy bugs, especially in File Explorer.
It is very annoing that we can't generate a proper list of bad files to send to ours customer, maybe UFS staff can overcome easily to this very annoing mrt shortcoming.
I hope so :)

:cool: :cool:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 8:39 

I did a short sloppy video of it in action.

https://youtu.be/NV3WY3WBqsI

I never claimed to be a professional producer.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 9:04 

Good video. Might even encourage to go back to MRT Ultra again...

I wouldn't worry about your video making skills. 5 minutes on YouTube will show you up there with Martin Scorsese compared to some IT related content...

PostPosted: June 20th, 2020, 9:10 

alfarom wrote:
Good video. Might even encourage to go back to MRT Ultra again...

I wouldn't worry about your video making skills. 5 minutes on YouTube will show you up there with Martin Scorsese compared to some IT related content...

Thanks.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2020, 15:44 

alfarom wrote:

Well,
99% of the times you will work with file systems thats suported by DMDE ,DMDE is a damn good logical data recovery software and so is hddsuperclone in coning ,I would say its a deadly combo .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next