Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Is Spark a good tool? Advices.

March 14th, 2021, 14:43

Came across Spark hardware/software recently, as i live in Brazil, for the price seems a reasonable choice for a first purchased tool.
I'm more concerned about firmware ,head disable, etc, capabilities from a tool.
The imaging process is not a concern as it can be achieved with HddSuperClone.
Do you think it's worth it or do you recommend another tool? I've read about SeDiv or Atola for handling firmware issues for example.
Of course PC3k is not an option right now.
Thank you for any inputs.

Re: Is Spark a good tool? Advices.

March 14th, 2021, 15:08

I am not able to edit the topic, i mentioned Atola, but actually I was thinking about tools like Wdmarvel, from a price perspective.

March 15th, 2021, 7:13

It's much like RapidSpar I think, Spark. I am not sure it will make a huge difference compared to HDDSuperClone + relay. Note that I base this on what I read on both these, no hands on experience.

March 15th, 2021, 16:00

Thanks for your input, yes, cloning can be achieved with HddSuperClone.
I was wondering about other capabilities as firmware repair, head mapping, etc, as Spark seems to have.
Besides data recovery softwares (R-Studio, DMDE, Ufs explorer...), I was searching for other helpful tools that could be handy for a begginer.
Ps. I will definitely add your Jpeg Digger to my list as well.
Thanks for any tips.

March 16th, 2021, 3:22

I think Sediv 400$ (fix, data recovery) + HDDSUperClone is best combo and pretty cheap. After that, you go for PC3K

March 16th, 2021, 8:32

RapidSpar is designed for a computer shop looking for a simple way to improve their in-house data recovery abilities without jeopardizing the chances of a professional lab, should it need to be escalated.

Spark is the economy version of the RapidSpar, only available in select countries.

March 16th, 2021, 12:57

As I'm from Brazil that's why I found Spark (only India and Brazil dealers).
Price is attractive comparing to Rapidspar, I wonder if they share the same functionalities, same nebula network.
As i mentioned before, cloning is not my concern here, looking for firmware repair and other useful functions.

March 16th, 2021, 13:28

grevan wrote:As I'm from Brazil that's why I found Spark (only India and Brazil dealers).
Price is attractive comparing to Rapidspar, I wonder if they share the same functionalities, same nebula network.
As i mentioned before, cloning is not my concern here, looking for firmware repair and other useful functions.

I am curious to know the price you are getting for "Spark". Care to share?

March 16th, 2021, 14:30

Not a quote, just looking their website.
https://portal.sparkdata.in/buynow/

March 16th, 2021, 23:53

1000$ for first 15 months??

And than 350$ every year?? Is that so???

March 17th, 2021, 4:00

I had Rapidspar, it ok to image but HDDSuperclone is much better. Regarding Nebula, it could solve maybe 5% of case.

March 17th, 2021, 17:33

shubhsinghal, it seems to me too, plus the addons.

March 18th, 2021, 11:14

Better to buy MRT online version if you have low budget.

March 18th, 2021, 20:55

shubhsinghal, what is the price?
Post a reply