All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: L@@king for Cloud Storage! Easy Sharing, Easy Backup, Fast!
PostPosted: May 14th, 2021, 15:01 

Hello,

I know there are a couple of threads out there about this but nothing very detailed. I have checked YouTube, official websites, and checked pricing. I am looking for something kind of special and I am not sure if it exists. It may not.

What I want is something like Idrive with an Amazon Photos flare to it. I want to backup everything I have to the cloud and then be able to share it with ease. i.e. picture or video. (not necessarly need an account to view the file, however this is not a deal breaker) I also want decent speeds and for everything to not run like a turtle.

I have heard that Idrive is great however, they are slow? Is this true? I like Amazon Photos, free unlimited photo storage if you have prime. However, for non-photos i.e. videos and other storage concerns their "cloud storage" can get expensive fast.

Anyone found the perfect solution?

-fast
-great pricing, however not too worried about this
-incredible sharing capabilities
-updated designed, doesn't feel like I'm in the 90's when using the software
-please fill me in on other great benefits not listed here if needed

P.S. I have (8) 8TB drives I will already be backing up everything to locally (copied twice). However, I want cloud storage in case house burns down.

Look forward to hearing all of the solutions!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: L@@king for Cloud Storage! Easy Sharing, Easy Backup, Fa
PostPosted: May 14th, 2021, 18:07 

Quote:
I want cloud storage in case house burns down.

for such scenario we back up to mutually to eachother with a friend. Pretty easy to do with synology nas, probably with others as well. However, 64TB is a considerable amount of data on its own...
This does not offer the sharing capabilities though, since everything goes there crypted of course.
I wonder if sharing is an critical requirement, as you can do that from your location too, the backup does not need to have such capability.

pepe

Post subject: Re: L@@king for Cloud Storage! Easy Sharing, Easy Backup, Fa
PostPosted: June 14th, 2021, 6:57 

Try Backblaze, there is regular cloud storage, or you can try a personal backup, for 6$/month you can backup 1 pc with unlimited storage, just all drives have to be connected to that pc, network drives does not apply. with that you get 1 month file history for extra 2$/mo 1 year file history, not sure if u undertood correctly but just extra 2$ - forever :)

if you register from my affiliate link and after 1 month free you will buy it i will receive a 1 month free

https://secure.backblaze.com/r/00m70h

their b2 cloud storage pricing also looks really nice in comparison to other services

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage-pricing.html