Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

GlobeImposter 2.0

January 24th, 2022, 15:40

Hi to all!

Please infos from decrypt files .lockis is ransomware GlobeImposter 2.0.?

Re: GlobeImposter 2.0

January 24th, 2022, 16:49

No decrypt AFAIK.

January 24th, 2022, 16:53

sempre wrote:Hi to all!

Please infos from decrypt files .lockis is ransomware GlobeImposter 2.0.?

or repair files?

January 25th, 2022, 5:03

Depends on if file is partially encrypted or entirely. To find out, you can for example use file pair, a good and an encrypted copy of same file.

January 25th, 2022, 9:31

Arch Stanton wrote:Depends on if file is partially encrypted or entirely. To find out, you can for example use file pair, a good and an encrypted copy of same file.

Hi!
Thanks for replys!

Partially encrypted!

Tool repair file. DB?

January 25th, 2022, 9:45

What are you saying, you need to repair partially encrypted DB? I'll try to direct someone who may be able to help to this thread.

January 25th, 2022, 9:55

Arch Stanton wrote:What are you saying, you need to repair partially encrypted DB? I'll try to direct someone who may be able to help to this thread.

ok thanks!

January 25th, 2022, 11:15

GlobeImposter 2.0 is a copycat of Globe3 Ransomware.
It's not decryptable.

I've been messing around with this strain since it appeared and I've put a lot of effort to try and find a flaw in it (for personal reasons, one of my best friends got attacked and lost a lot of his work and personal data).

It's very, very secure. And very well-written.

HOWEVER, I was able to restore my friends' SQL database by 60-70% and I was able to recover a lot of his lost pictures and office docs.
Not a solid recovery, but better than nothing.

January 25th, 2022, 15:07

northwind wrote:GlobeImposter 2.0 is a copycat of Globe3 Ransomware.
It's not decryptable.

I've been messing around with this strain since it appeared and I've put a lot of effort to try and find a flaw in it (for personal reasons, one of my best friends got attacked and lost a lot of his work and personal data).

It's very, very secure. And very well-written.

HOWEVER, I was able to restore my friends' SQL database by 60-70% and I was able to recover a lot of his lost pictures and office docs.
Not a solid recovery, but better than nothing.

PM

January 31st, 2022, 14:35

sempre wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:Depends on if file is partially encrypted or entirely. To find out, you can for example use file pair, a good and an encrypted copy of same file.

Hi!
Thanks for replys!

Partially encrypted!

Tool repair file. DB?

Sorry, file repair name_file.db (not sql)
Post a reply