All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Removal of Daemon Tools software
PostPosted: May 9th, 2023, 14:57 

I have found that Daemon Tools should not be on my system. How it got there is another issue. To remove it I have used Revo Uninstaller free version to run the Daemon Tools uninstaller and then clean out extras
that Revo finds.

Having Daemon Tools on my newer Asus Prime A320M-K may conflict with the UEFI BIOS. I have not been able to boot an ISO clone program from CD/DVD (also Asus) on this PC. It's a new install and the Daemon Tools may be the
conflict.

HDDGuru experts, please say anything more about completely removing Daemon Tools.

I had a question on recent clone programs earlier. It's when I discovered that Daemon Tools might be preventing a bootup from an ISO on DVD. Perhaps pen drive as well.

Post subject: Re: Removal of Daemon Tools software
PostPosted: May 9th, 2023, 18:47 

I think that the uninstall of Daemon Tools released my CD/DVD drive to run the old Norton Ghost ISO. It is running that now. I did a lot of other cleaning with safe tools and reinstalled some items from the factory driver disk but not the extras. chkdsk, SFC and file the Windows cleaners.

On the question of completely getting rid of Daemon, I noticed a screen that comes up for FreeDos -- oddly that appears when I run the factory Setup CD.
The message given when trying to initially run the factory setup says something about ISO Linux and
if you want to run the CD/DVD press enter or else the next disk in the chain will be selected. That sounds like something Daeman was supposed to control. I was able to catch that much of the text, pressed enter and the DVD ran the Ghost ISO. A reference to FreeDos in C:/ drive is given but I remember little of command line operations and how to clean that.

I may have to run a scratch install after running your HDD Low Level Format tool to get rid of this Linux stuff deposited by (possibly) a Linux Live CD install which I tied a couple times. I'm a subscriber for the Low Level tool as I recall. IRegardless of how one of those Windows 10 Recovery routines runs, it always takes all the content with it.