All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Booting issue with SSD hard disk
PostPosted: May 14th, 2023, 7:00 

Hello Frdz,

Greeting to All!!!

I would request you all to help me on booting issue with my new SSD drive, I have just updated my PC with new SSD (cruical) drive along with new HDD drive (Segate), Window has been loaded in SSD and HDD has installed for storage purpose. Now the issue has been started, when i have connected both the drive then windows is not booting up and showing "Insert boot media device or insert media device" message on the screen and when i have checked in BIOS all the setting are correct, SSD in first place for booting but Window Boot Manager option is not reflecting. But when i connect only SSD then windows is booting up normally and working fine. i have also checked the HDD drive and connect with old HDD drive in which another windows is installed then its working fine and showing full storage but new SDD and HDD are not working together. Request you all to help me or suggest the solution on the issue. :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: Booting issue with SSD hard disk
PostPosted: May 15th, 2023, 8:54 

Your setup with 2 disks is becoming confused due to the fact both disks have a bootable partition.
One easy work around would be to change the bootable partition on the original drive from 'active' to 'inactive'. That should fix the cause of the problem.
A free windows partition tool could do it or Gparted would be a good choice or you could use the Diskpart command.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2023, 5:10 

dick wrote:
Your setup with 2 disks is becoming confused due to the fact both disks have a bootable partition.
One easy work around would be to change the bootable partition on the original drive from 'active' to 'inactive'. That should fix the cause of the problem.
A free windows partition tool could do it or Gparted would be a good choice or you could use the Diskpart command.

Hi

Thanks for the response,

my second HHD drive does not have any boot able partition, its a totally new one without any partition , it has installed for saving purpose.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2023, 6:07 

On some motherboards the first SATA and m.2 ports are shared, so you cannot connect both devices at the same time. Move the SATA device to another port.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2023, 15:59 

On ASUS boards SATA1 and SATA2 is deactivated, when M.2 is populated.