Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

HDD Raw Copy To clone SD card to PC and Back to larger SD ca

November 11th, 2023, 1:13

So I just used HDD Raw Copy To clone SD card to PC and Back to larger SD card. Went from 64 GB on Samsung S20 FE to a 256.

After copying back to the new card, reinsert into phone, phone says it is still 59 GB in size? How to fix?

Reformat SD card and start over?

I used the HDD Raw Copy to keep all original create dates and such, If I just use the USB Cable and shuffle them back and forth after reformat, will my pictures and files keep original dates?

Thanks so much!

Larry

Re: HDD Raw Copy To clone SD card to PC and Back to larger S

November 11th, 2023, 11:21

After copying back to the new card, reinsert into phone, phone says it is still 59 GB in size? How to fix?

It's the size of the file system, HDD Raw Copy doesn't resize that. You can try use a partition resizer Amoei or whatever it's called for example.

November 13th, 2023, 13:24

Ratman_90@yahoo.com wrote:So I just used HDD Raw Copy To clone SD card to PC and Back to larger SD card. Went from 64 GB on Samsung S20 FE to a 256.

Reformat SD card and start over?

I used the HDD Raw Copy to keep all original create dates and such, If I just use the USB Cable and shuffle them back and forth after reformat, will my pictures and files keep original dates?

Thanks so much!

Larry

Why didn't you just copy files from one card to the other?

November 13th, 2023, 13:30

I was told this was a better way to do it since the copying the files back and forth with change the dates they were created?

So that's what I'm going to do now I already have made it back up I'm just going to go get another 256 GB card and just copy them.

Because I don't have any proof that there's 256 GB card will be utilized past the 59 GB that the phone thinks it is.

November 13th, 2023, 16:20

If you zip all the files, then extract them to new card, it should preserve timestamps.

Otherwise, try using the commandline tool robocopy as described here:

https://superuser.com/questions/146125/how-to-preserve-file-attributes-when-one-copies-files-in-windows

or maybe xcopy will do it as well.
Post a reply