All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Job Tracking system
PostPosted: April 28th, 2024, 10:21 

Hi
I have been using PC Repair Tracker http://www.pcrepairtracker.com/ for many years to track jobs and work.
But in the last few years, I started feeling the updates are downgrade, and PC Repair Tracker lacks any integration, making work a little bit harder.

HDD Surgery Job Organizer seems promising. did anyone try it or switch to it lately?
can you share your way of keeping track of work?

Post subject: Re: Job Tracking system
PostPosted: April 29th, 2024, 1:17 

LostDataSa wrote:
Hi
I have been using PC Repair Tracker http://www.pcrepairtracker.com/ for many years to track jobs and work.
But in the last few years, I started feeling the updates are downgrade, and PC Repair Tracker lacks any integration, making work a little bit harder.

HDD Surgery Job Organizer seems promising. did anyone try it or switch to it lately?
can you share your way of keeping track of work?

Hi While many professional online software solutions are available they are mostly targeted to big DR companies.
These are advanced high tech solutions which have extensive searching , job tracking ,payment updates capabilities. Unfortunately smaller indivisuals cannot afford subscription based tools. I was trying to get simple VB-access or sql based portable solution but could not get anything.
I am currently sing excel based template for the same.
Thanks

PostPosted: April 29th, 2024, 10:22 

then try PC Repair Tracker it is 100 USD I have been using It for many years now
it is great for job tracking and invoicing but as I said earlier it lacks integration for example QuickBooks

PostPosted: April 30th, 2024, 10:44 

I had a self-hosted solution (WebHelpDesk) for many years, but it doesn't come without the stress of keeping it updated and blocking any possible security holes. One could just run it internally, but that fails to provide customers with the access they should have to make their expericence better. I finally moved over to Freshdesk and have been very happy with it, thus far. It was a tossup between it and repairshopr. Both have their pros and cons and need some tweaking to meet our needs.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2024, 23:02 

LostDataSa wrote:
then try PC Repair Tracker it is 100 USD I have been using It for many years now
it is great for job tracking and invoicing but as I said earlier it lacks integration for example QuickBooks

Its targeted to bigger players having sufficient infrasture ,budget , software nohow as it is not easy to go
There is acute need of something simple offline solution for smaller players having uptop 10 cases per month.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2024, 16:22 

i was thinking of creating my own software if anyone would be interested we could make one by share the dev costs.

Arobas Uldry Tunis
I.T. support and data recovery.

http://tunis.ausarl.ch