Switch to full style
Hard drives can be a lot of fun!
Post a reply

10 points to the person that sees the problem!

July 9th, 2013, 7:31

I tell them "I only do Flash" and still the press me to "just take a look" "see what you think".

So I succumb and take the drive thinking I will take a super quick look and maybe hassle you guys if I think it may be some DIY chance. In fact I was able to fix 2 hard disks with broken USB connectors this week, so in rare cases it is worth a look. But I mostly plan on taking it back the next day referring to a lab.

Well I must learn to take more notice when presented with a drive. getting back and thinking to take a look at the label and a quick forum search, presented a heart-stopping "uggghh"

can you see the issue that mad me queasy?? :-)
pcp-hdd.jpg

Yes, you guessed it. Seems the one behind the label tricked them and they stopped.. but I fear too late.

Re: 10 points to the person that sees the problem!

July 9th, 2013, 8:46

It is great when they don't even put the screws back. It certainly doesn't help boost your confidence that they didn't really mess things up.

July 9th, 2013, 16:57

I dont know why customer want to look inside when most of the times problem is else where .
I think these customer can read data directly from the platters using their own heads .
World is full of stupid peoples .

July 9th, 2013, 18:23

rameez wrote:I think these customer can read data directly from the platters using their own heads .

Just had a good laugh. Nicely put.

July 10th, 2013, 8:16

Ask $ 30 - 50 only for diagnose, in advance.

I would know how to spend them and I'm sure you too ;)

July 31st, 2013, 7:41

rameez wrote:I dont know why customer want to look inside when most of the times problem is else where .
I think these customer can read data directly from the platters using their own heads .
World is full of stupid peoples .

very easy they go on the internet and type in how do i open my hard drive up
as they think the motor is stuck or the head is stuck :mrgreen:

i hate to see what inside the drive :lol:

July 31st, 2013, 9:24

Seen these type on ebay sold as "untested spares or repair : No Returns", and the sticky tape and hole thro the label clearly visible..... on second inspection .... after i bought it #facepalm

messaged the guy asking what dialect of bollocks was it that translates "untested" to "actually its been in bits".
Sorry mate, i just pulled it out the drawer ... got a reduced price.

=)
Post a reply