like september tragedy in NEW YORK..

June 14th, 2007, 10:10

Major platter damage on an IBM Deskstar

Re: Some Fun Stuff

September 27th, 2008, 0:58

nice one

November 2nd, 2011, 10:27

Hehe, i know this thread is old, but i just ran across it, and thought i'd share.

A guy came in a few years ago, and said he needed his drive recovered.
I noticed the drive was previously opened. Then this guy gave me his fairy-tale story:
"Someone smashed the passenger window of my car, took my laptop and this hdd. Someone told me they saw a junkie in the park nearby playing with a laptop. I went to this park and saw a guy who had my hdd carved open, scratching the "metal disks". Then..."

I kept looking at him like that :shock: , wondering why on earth he would come up with such a story, instead of telling me that "someone" wanted his data destroyed. Like, yeah, a junkie goes wandering around with a torx screwdriver...
Here is what i witnessed when i opened up the lid:
DSC00081.JPG

DSC00078.JPG

I forgot to mention that they were SO stupid that they damaged the platter that were not used (no head) :mrgreen:

November 15th, 2011, 10:17

why so strange someone going around with torx screwdrivers??????
Is very typical to relax in a park with your cigarettes, your favorite book and and a full set of torx...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

November 15th, 2011, 12:28

Hehe indeed. I keep one in my pocket all the time (but i'm not a junkie, so... ) :mrgreen:
Post a reply